PDA

View Full Version : Litte AMP draw problem?

mobman
06-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok this is a little wierd. I used about teaspoon full of KoH yesterday in my cell and was drawing about 15 amps (cold) today I added an additional 4 spoons and only drew about 9 AMPS, what could be the problem here?? Does the kOH settle down on the bottom of the reservoir or something?

Philldpapill
06-28-2009, 12:00 AM
What is your plate material? It could be that you have some corrossion on the plates, which is hindering the reaction/current flow. Also, is your battery voltage the same? Same temperature?

HHO BLASTER
06-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Post pics of what you have

mobman
07-04-2009, 01:31 AM
ok before I do that quick question...whenever you guys adjust the electrolyte do you just mix a small portion with distilled water and add it to the reservoir or flush out the whole system (cell and reservoir) and replenish it with the added electrolyte? I figure since I have mixed a small amount of distilled water with KOH and added it on top of the already existing KOH in the reservoir, the mixture has not yet gotten to the cell yet and is sitting in the reservoir bottom. Do you guys think this maybe a possiblity? How much KOH have you guys used in your containers so Know much to put in for my half gallon reservoir?

HHO BLASTER
07-04-2009, 11:32 AM
ok before I do that quick question...whenever you guys adjust the electrolyte do you just mix a small portion with distilled water and add it to the reservoir or flush out the whole system (cell and reservoir) and replenish it with the added electrolyte? I figure since I have mixed a small amount of distilled water with KOH and added it on top of the already existing KOH in the reservoir, the mixture has not yet gotten to the cell yet and is sitting in the reservoir bottom. Do you guys think this maybe a possiblity? How much KOH have you guys used in your containers so Know much to put in for my half gallon reservoir?

What's your voltage measured at the cell?

mobman
07-04-2009, 04:10 PM
What's your voltage measured at the cell?

I havent done a voltage test but my alternator produces around 13.8v when engine is running

HHO BLASTER
07-04-2009, 11:51 PM
I havent done a voltage test but my alternator produces around 13.8v when engine is running

Don't "assume" nothing, measure it at the connection to the cell, sounds like a bad connection to me going to the cell

A loose or dirty bolt connection shows up more when a lot of current is drawn

Something to think about did you ever jump your car battery to give or get started do you remmber how you thought you were making a good connection but then just twisted the cable and the car started that's because your dealing with high current don't go how it looks measure it

Gary