PDA

View Full Version : My no moving parts 'air conditioner'.

BoyntonStu
06-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Car Vent Window Substitute

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q339/BoyntonStu/SideVent.jpg

My A/C needs repair.

Until then:

I used a Toro leaf blower/vacuum pickup end as an air scoop.

Down here in sunny Florida, it really helps.

My no moving parts 'air conditioner'.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
06-25-2009, 12:25 PM

i HAD THIS CAR

BoyntonStu
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
You are going away for 2 weeks.

Why so short a time?

If you A/C broke down, you would just sweat.

You can lead a person to truth, but you cannot make them understand.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
You are going away for 2 weeks.

Why so short a time?

If you A/C broke down, you would just sweat.

You can lead a person to truth, but you cannot make them understand.

BoyntonStu

Funny, i don't have A/C IN MY TRUCK

BoyntonStu
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Funny, i don't have A/C IN MY TRUCK

It would not be funny in sunny Florida.

Does your truck have a vent window and a hand crank starter?

BTW Any recommendations on getting some of the childish posters out of here?

BoyntonStu

gashead
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
im wondering, where is the duct tape??????

BoyntonStu
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
im wondering, where is the duct tape??????

Hint: Bend over backwards and look up.

(use a flashlight)

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
BTW Any recommendations on getting some of the childish posters out of here?

BoyntonStu

And then...

Hint: Bend over backwards and look up.

(use a flashlight)

BoyntonStu

Can we say Irony?

Sorry, just thought it was funny. :D

BennyLava
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
This has to be the stupidest $hit you have posted yet Stu......

Larry is right this forum has went to hell....

And with that I am taking a 2 week break from the forum :mad:

Well, don't feel like you have to come back. :rolleyes: This forum is the only and best HHO forum, we need to keep it alive. I dont count those other crappy non-vebulletin using forums. All forum programs besides vbulletin suck.

Philldpapill
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Just curious... How does a forum went to hell? I've heard of them going to hell, or have gone to hell, but never have I even heard rumors of one went to hell. ;)

Roland Jacques
06-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Just curious... How does a forum went to hell? I've heard of them going to hell, or have gone to hell, but never have I even heard rumors of one went to hell. ;)
Maybe they were just visiting hell and came back. :confused:

Ether way they could have used a good window vent :D

DodgeViper
06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
This has to be the stupidest $hit you have posted yet Stu......

Larry is right this forum has went to hell....

And with that I am taking a 2 week break from the forum :mad:

You both are correct... Damn what is going on in this forum. I live in Arizona and it does not get any hotter. My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor. Did I duct 107 degree air into my truck? Yea right... this is a bullsh*t idea and not worthy of wasting space nor pulling readers to this B/S... STu you should be ashamed of yourself, this is a classic sign of a 10-year-old thinking outside of the box... Add me to the growing list of readers moving on... :mad: :mad: :mad:

BoyntonStu
06-26-2009, 01:43 PM
You both are correct... Damn what is going on in this forum. I live in Arizona and it does not get any hotter. My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor. Did I duct 107 degree air into my truck? Yea right... this is a bullsh*t idea and not worthy of wasting space nor pulling readers to this B/S... STu you should be ashamed of yourself, this is a classic sign of a 10-year-old thinking outside of the box... Add me to the growing list of readers moving on... :mad: :mad: :mad:

On this HHO forum we keep hearing "Did you try it?"

My A/C had been down for nearly two week until I replaced the condenser fan motor.

For 2 weeks you suffered.

I didn't, and you haven't tried it.

Why are you so close minded?

When I was in the Navy aboard ship, the engine room was at 120*.

All we had were high speed blowers, no A/C.

The blowers made it possible to work and survive.

If you live in a dry climate (like Arizona used to be), an air duct in combination with a wet towel would make a fairly good swamp cooler.

BoyntonStu
unashamed

Please try to discuss the idea rather than attack the presenter.

DodgeViper
06-26-2009, 09:34 PM
If you live in a dry climate (like Arizona used to be), an air duct in combination with a wet towel would make a fairly good swamp cooler.

BoyntonStu
unashamed

Please try to discuss the idea rather than attack the presenter.

Ok I hung a wet towel over my window of my truck today a block later the towel was dry. Damn I never felt so cool... LOL... Swamp Coolers are only good when the humidity is low, 10 to 20 percent. Anything above that swamp cooling sucks… You should be aware of that living in the humidity capital of the world… :D :D :D

BoyntonStu
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Ok I hung a wet towel over my window of my truck today a block later the towel was dry. Damn I never felt so cool... LOL... Swamp Coolers are only good when the humidity is low, 10 to 20 percent. Anything above that swamp cooling sucks… You should be aware of that living in the humidity capital of the world… :D :D :D

If a wet towel dried in one block, congratulations!, you are in a dry climate.

"Evaporative coolers (also called swamp coolers, desert coolers, or air coolers) are devices that cool air through the simple evaporation of water. They differ from refrigeration or absorption air conditioning, which use vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycles. In the United States, the use of the term swamp cooler may be due to the odor of algae produced by early units.[1] Air washers and wet cooling towers utilize the same principles as evaporative coolers, but are optimized for purposes other than air cooling.

Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. For example, in the United States, the western/mountain states are good locations, with swamp coolers very prevalent in cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson, Fresno, and Phoenix, where sufficient water is available."

A trickle water suppllied to a towel lining an air scoop vent and you will get cool air.

You could also try a spray bottle of water.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
06-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Maybe if we did that to the air intake we could do as well as HHO

DodgeViper
06-27-2009, 02:23 AM
If a wet towel dried in one block, congratulations!, you are in a dry climate.

"Evaporative coolers (also called swamp coolers, desert coolers, or air coolers) are devices that cool air through the simple evaporation of water. They differ from refrigeration or absorption air conditioning, which use vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycles. In the United States, the use of the term swamp cooler may be due to the odor of algae produced by early units.[1] Air washers and wet cooling towers utilize the same principles as evaporative coolers, but are optimized for purposes other than air cooling.

Evaporative cooling is especially well suited for climates where the air is hot and humidity is low. For example, in the United States, the western/mountain states are good locations, with swamp coolers very prevalent in cities like Denver, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson, Fresno, and Phoenix, where sufficient water is available."

A trickle water suppllied to a towel lining an air scoop vent and you will get cool air.

You could also try a spray bottle of water.

BoyntonStu

Stu you do not need to lecture me on swamp coolers... I have lived in Tucson for 52 years and for 46 years I have had SWAMP COOLING, its not all what you want everyone to think it is.... July and August it does not work...

BoyntonStu
06-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Stu you do not need to lecture me on swamp coolers... I have lived in Tucson for 52 years and for 46 years I have had SWAMP COOLING, its not all what you want everyone to think it is.... July and August it does not work...

The question I have is what does "it" mean that doesn't work?

A "swamp cooler" built into a car scoop at 40 MPH and blowing into your face is not a typical SC.

The units that I have seen have much less air going through them.

In July or August if a wet towel would dry quickly, I would guess that your face would feel the difference between having a dry towel and a wet towel.

If you added a little alcohol to the water, it would increase the evaporation/cooling effect.

BoyntonStu