PDA

View Full Version : Who's Winning the HHO ****ing Contest?

hhoconnection
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
From my blog:

We've all done it knowing full well it's a fruitless effort, but for some reason, we just can't stop ourselves from responding to comments or videos from HHO critics and cynics. Maybe it's the tired, and oftentimes, debunked arguments they apply, or the rude and unflattering manner in which they present their case that causes our blood to boil. Or possibly, it's just a reaction to having our integrity challenged by those who have yet to test theories for themselves. In any event, being called "liars, scam artists and snake oil salesmen," is due cause for righteous indignation, but is it really worth the time and energy to respond to these naysayers, creating pages of circular dialogue that go nowhere? Let's consider the source:

Condemners of HHO generally fall into two categories - failed experimenters and junior scientists. With the former, their desire to wreak havoc on the HHO movement comes from spending a lot of time and money installing a system in their vehicle, to limited or non-existent results. Their inner Ralph Nader emerges with a vengeance to shut down this "scheme." These people could be assisted by the generous nature of HHO-ers, but their egos refuse to let them ask for help.

The latter is brave in his anonymity. Safely tucked away in his parent's basement, this social loser is still hoping the teacher will call on him, proving his superior scientific abilities. To him, HHO experimenters are "morons," wasting their time with "junk science." He beats up on anyone who holds a contrary view, lambasting proven results with blanket statements of "impossibilities." He's the "ding-dong ditcher" of the internet and seriously need to grow up.

So why do we engage these misanthropes? How much accumulated time has been wasted typing out comments and creating video responses? Hours, days, possibly weeks? To what end? Missing valuable family and research time, not to mention the toll it takes on our health in elevated heart rate and blood pressure.

More than likely your well thought out, well-intentioned responses will not succeed in changing minds or one-upping the competition, rather, you'll probably be hit with a barrage of insults. So is it really worth it? I'm finally conceding that, no, it's not.

From here on out, unless constructive and respectful, I vow not to respond to inflammatory comments and videos. The HHO experimenter's path is tough enough without engaging negativity. I'd rather focus on our positive accomplishments and let those who criticize revel in their "superior" intelligence while they idle away fossil fuel in their 19th Century jalopies. Will you join me?

HHO BLASTER
06-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Ok here is my take unless that guy from MIT can do it way better then Larry, E, Stu there is no way a car can run on HHO

Here is a post from a wack job on water car

more bullsh*t http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Quantum-Battery/

The voltage drop will be the battery voltage since they're reverse biased. And hot current will be 0.

Believe what you wish, meanwhile I'll enjoy the 15% mileage boost which cost me almost nothing to achieve.

BTW, I had a car idling on a JC with the gas cut off. Very similar effect! Not reliably, and it wouldn't rev up, but it did idle. Of course, that's not really running on water.

Bernie

----- Original Message -----
To: watercar@yahoogroup s.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [watercar] Re: Does ANYTHING WORK???

Bernie, what is the voltage drop across the diodes and current through them i bet it's zero

This is worst then that James guy who told me he has a car that runs on water in his garage and i'm the pope i'm also Jewish LOL

____________ _________ _________ __

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:00:37 PM

With all respect to you, i'm a electronic tech, this sounds a wee bit like the tooth fairy story

Gary diamond

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:03:26 PM

Since we can't really measure much of anything, all I can do is tell you what I think is happenning.

The diodes block the flow of hot electricity, but allow the cold electricity to flow through to the oil. This charges up the oil, and as the crank spins this charge is passed to the entire block as magnetism. A compass will detect the magnetic field on the block. I think having the magnetic field on the block does the same thing that hanging magnets on the fuel line would do, it charges the fuel itself and makes it more volatile. SInce the magnetic field is on the entire block, the fuel has significant exposure to it, even in an EFI engine.

When driving the car it just takes less pedal to maintain a particular speed. I still have the dwell meter on one injector lead to monitor the relative pulse width, and at 55 MPH the width is just about 15 % less than it was before doing this.

I have a pot on the BAP sensor, and an EFIE as well, but tweaking them didn't seem to help this any, so I left them at the stock settings.

I was suprised that the ECU didn't muck this up, as it always seemed to do when running with the JC in shandy mode. I would get a power boost from the JC, but it never did help the economy.

Anyhow, the diodes are a cheap way to get into this, and get a feel for it. The recommended switch might be better, since it has the advantage of built in adjustments to tweak it. But the diodes were here, so I gave them a try.

Bernie

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:40 PM

Bernie please explain more is this all you have in the car to save gas? How does the diodes do anything?

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:30:23 PM

Rich,

I just took 2 diodes (BYT03-400 from mouser for 20 cents each) in series , tied the cathode end to the + battery terminal. Ran a wire from the other end into the oil. My mileage went up about 15% on My 86 Accord, which is EFI. Cost reimbursement after about 50 miles of driving!

Can;t gaurantee that it'll do the same on different models and ECU, but all we can do is try and see.

Bernie

Philldpapill
06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
OMG HHO_BLASTER! I'm glad you labeled it BS, but holy hell...

I'm seriously sitting here with clenched fists over that HUGE page of absolute nonsense. Photon Resonance? Hot vs. Cold currents??? It's like the author went to randoms sites having SOMETHING to do with electricity/chemistry, and used a stick of TNT to slap it all together.

The shear amount of misinformation just ****es me off beyond belief. Excuse the language, but my god - the whole thing revolves around making a capacitor, but wrapped up in fancy nonsense. Crap I'm mad.

Philldpapill
06-25-2009, 12:38 AM
HHOConnection, I'm sorry, but that is BS. I am an electrical engineer. I, like many other people, have questioned HHO's validity. I, like many other people, like to see test data and will not believe someone until the data is presented. If the data can not be presented, I, like many other people, remain skeptical.

Is that wrong to be skeptical? This IS science, isn't it? If it's not, then it's witchcraft, and you're darn sure people will reject it right off. In an earlier thread, I introduced myself, and presented a gadget that I wanted people to TRY, not buy. This gadget would gather more information than you would know what to do with.

The response to this gadget? Mediocore at best. I got 2 private message responses with people slightly interested. I have a well paying job. I'm not trying to sell people something, or SCAM them, like many HHO "prophets" do(I'm not going to name names...). What I wanted to do, was get the community together, and run their own tests with this gadget and GATHER DATA. Again, what was the response...? Look at the thread.

My point is, NO, it isn't just some "superior intellectual" in his mom's basement sitting there thinking up new ways you are wrong. It isn't the failed experimenter. What IT IS, is this dammn community not getting it's act together and PROVING to the world that this stuff works. Instead, we have people writing blogs about how "the naysayers" are just a bunch of social rejects.

If this sounds negative, stop posting things that make you sound like you are sooo much smarter and better than all those "losers" that reject HHO. I want data, and would love the help gathering this data.