PDA

View Full Version : dry cell producing like crazy and then!!!

mbjhho
06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
my new dry cell was working great.... then it just stopped.. now i cant keep a live fuse in it to save my life... i am using a 30/40 relay. 60a fuse between battery and relay 30.... 86 is to the on off swith...87 is to the cell.... 85 is to the ground.... do i have a bad ground? bad relay? too much sodium hydroxide? bad switch? dont know where to start.....help!
thx too all
mbjhho@yahoo.com

BoyntonStu
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
my new dry cell was working great.... then it just stopped.. now i cant keep a live fuse in it to save my life... i am using a 30/40 relay. 60a fuse between battery and relay 30.... 86 is to the on off swith...87 is to the cell.... 85 is to the ground.... do i have a bad ground? bad relay? too much sodium hydroxide? bad switch? dont know where to start.....help!
thx too all
mbjhho@yahoo.com

Sorry, I don't want to be SHORT with you.

BoyntonStu

Painless
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
thx too all
mbjhho@yahoo.com
As Stu pointed out, you have a short somewhere, possibly even inside your cell between the plates.

DodgeViper
06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
My dry cell had shorted out due to a leak. Because of the way I had my cell mounted with nylon across the plates and gasket had hide the leak. I had a build up of Potassium Hydroxcide across the outside of the plates this connecting the plates with dried PH. Cloeaned it up and tighten the bolts, all is good now... ;)