PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...?? Help!

mobman
06-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Hi guys, just wondering how much KOH do I have to use as my electrolyte? I have a half-gallon reservoir. Also What do you use in the bubbler if I have KOH as much electrolyte? Should I get vinegar as some people here have used? Thanks!

mytoyotasucks
06-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Hi guys, just wondering how much KOH do I have to use as my electrolyte? I have a half-gallon reservoir. Also What do you use in the bubbler if I have KOH as much electrolyte? Should I get vinegar as some people here have used? Thanks!

u can use vinegar or water.

and how much KOH is on how many amps you want to draw, each cell is a little diff.

start with a little KOH and add and mix more in until desired amps, try to measure by weight and see how much u use and how much water u used.

88stang23
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
http://eddie-batista.dyndns.org/
this guy doesnt use an electrolyte or a bubler. he uses hhoo. i highly suggest getting some ideas from him.

redDEVIL
06-16-2009, 01:30 AM
u can use vinegar or water.

and how much KOH is on how many amps you want to draw, each cell is a little diff.

start with a little KOH and add and mix more in until desired amps, try to measure by weight and see how much u use and how much water u used.

Why do u use Vinegar? What is the composition ?

mytoyotasucks
06-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Why do u use Vinegar? What is the composition ?

vinegar will neutralize the KOH

redDEVIL
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
vinegar will neutralize the KOH

Can i use NaOH or Baking soda instead? Why do we have to neutralize KOH?

mytoyotasucks
06-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Can i use NaOH or Baking soda instead? Why do we have to neutralize KOH?

NaOH is OK , KOH will eat aluminum :eek: .

Painless
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
NaOH is OK , KOH will eat aluminum :eek: .
NaOH will also eat aluminum.

redDEVIL
06-18-2009, 04:40 AM
NaOH will also eat aluminum.

Do u use all aluminium or stainless steel? I think stainless steel is better coz it's corrosion resistant.

Painless
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Do u use all aluminium or stainless steel? I think stainless steel is better coz it's corrosion resistant.
I use SS in my cell, however, most modern engines contain aluminum parts.

mobman
06-21-2009, 02:02 PM

RedDevil i think he was talking about your engine parts getting eat up by it not the cell LOL

Love how he used the :eek: impression with that.

Ok folks thanks for letting me know...I wasnt sure if I should use distilled water or vinegar with KoH...I definatelly want to neutralize that sucker before it hits my aluminum pistons :eek: <---:p

Anyway can one of you please give me at least an estimate on how much kOH i should start with? I have shane's PWM btw...so i do not think I can overshoot on amp draw?? My reservoir is half a gallon.

mytoyotasucks
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM
RedDevil i think he was talking about your engine parts getting eat up by it not the cell LOL

Ok folks thanks for letting me know...I wasnt sure if I should use distilled water or vinegar with KoH...I definatelly want to neutralize that sucker before it hits my aluminum pistons :eek: <---:p

Anyway can one of you please give me at least an estimate on how much kOH i should start with? I have shane's PWM btw...so i do not think I can overshoot on amp draw?? My reservoir is half a gallon.

Start with 1 or 2 LPM and go from there. Good sarting point.

redDEVIL
06-22-2009, 06:02 AM

I was asking about the plate

mytoyotasucks
06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
I was asking about the plate

I think everybody uses SS plates, i have tried carbon rods, and not even close to same production and SS. :p