PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new here.

BennyLava
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello all, i am new here. I used to be registered over at HHO Huntsville forums but i do not know what happened to that forum, it seems to be gone. A guy named Don ran it. Anyway, i typed in HHO forum in google, and this is the very first listing lol.

I have been seeing a lot of other guys on various other types of forums trying this stuff out. But many of them do not find a way to lean back the fuel and replace it with HHO. I will be putting my generator (once i build it) on a 1987 chevy silverado. This vehicle is fuel injected and does have a computer to overcome. So i wanted to ask.. how far have we come in being able to overcome a vehicle's computer, as an obstacle? Over at HHO Huntsville we had figured out that a pulse width modulator alone would not be enough on newer vehicles, cause after a very short time the computer gets smart and stops listening to the O2 sensor. In short, it writes it off as damaged and just sort of makes its own decisions. Then we are back to no gains from our HHO generator. So what ways are currently being used to defeat this?

BennyLava
06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Wow, not a whole lot of activity on this forum i guess. No one has any comments for me? :confused:

Painless
06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Tackling the ECU can be a tough nut to crack, but takes patience and a willingness to work through it. In some ways, you are lucky to have a pre-1996 vehicle as this will make your job a lot easier.

A PWM is simply a circuit that allows you to control the number of amps of power being consumed by your HHO Generator. To tackle the ECU you will need to start with no electronic mods and simply reset your trucks computer and give it a couple of tank fulls of gas to see how it responds to the HHO. With your vehicle being an '87 you may well find that it copes fine.

The next step would be to employ an EFIE device to address the oxygen sensors. The key here is to start with very gentle additions on voltage and slowly work your way up, running through a complete tankfull each time to monitor results.

Welcome to the forum! I used to follow Don myself but it seems that he has ceased his ustream shows and website.

Russ.

BennyLava
06-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Well i guess this is now the premier HHO forum then. Anyway, i was hoping that since my truck was old that it would indeed cope well. However, are you certain that the O2 sensor issue does need to be addressed in my case? I have a feeling that if i do not address it, i will simply see no MPG gain at all. Maybe just a power increase.

Also, i wanted to ask if you or anyone here knows anything about the long term effects of HHO on an engine. I have heard that it will certainly knock all the carbon deposits right out, but that it may damage internal components over time. Anyone have any experience or advice in this matter?