PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for 24 volts

JeremiahBT
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I want to run my hho cell at 24 volts. I propose to wire it in the following way: Negative of 12 volt car battery to hho cell. Positive of car battery to on/off switch/relay, to negative of 12 volt auxiliary battery, positive of aux batt to hho cell.

My questions:

Could this circuit hurt my car's electrical system?

Would I need a different pwm for 24 volts than for 12 volts?

Did I explain the circuit sufficiently, or should I figure out how to post a diagram?

I asked this question in a different place, but did not get a satisfactory answer.

Thanks in advance!

H2OPWR
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
I want to run my hho cell at 24 volts. I propose to wire it in the following way: Negative of 12 volt car battery to hho cell. Positive of car battery to on/off switch/relay, to negative of 12 volt auxiliary battery, positive of aux batt to hho cell.

My questions:

Could this circuit hurt my car's electrical system?

Would I need a different pwm for 24 volts than for 12 volts?

Did I explain the circuit sufficiently, or should I figure out how to post a diagram?

I asked this question in a different place, but did not get a satisfactory answer.

Thanks in advance!

Not only can it hurt your electrical system but it will period. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. You will be buying a new ECU in short order and probably many more parts as well. Stick to a 12 volt system unless you are just using batteries alone that are isolated from your electrical system and recharged at night.

JeremiahBT
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I won't!

However, still don't see how it could hurt. It seems that as long as my 24v circuit is wired parallel to my car's electrical system, nothing will change. Just like putting two 'D' batteries end to end, and wire one light bulb across both batteries, and another across just one. In my mind, the two bulbs are completely independent of each other. This is exactly the same circuit as my proposed hho system.

Thanks for your answer.

HHO BLASTER
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Nope that won't work either,why do you want to go 24 volts its the amps that does the work, then you want to cut it down again with a pmw

Why not copy Stu's design in the car you will have 13.8 to 14.2 vots

What are you using for a power source?

What's cell design?

I had a 1955 VW and that mother would not start in zero degree weather it has a 6 volt system i used to have another 6 volt battery to throw in series but as soon as it kicked over i went back to 6 volts

JeremiahBT
05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Nope that won't work either,why do you want to go 24 volts its the amps that does the work, then you want to cut it down again with a pmw

Why not copy Stu's design in the car you will have 13.8 to 14.2 volts

What are you using for a power source?

What's cell design?

I had a 1955 VW and that mother would not start in zero degree weather it has a 6 volt system i used to have another 6 volt battery to throw in series but as soon as it kicked over i went back to 6 volts

Cell configuration is - N N N N N N + N N N N N N -, 1/16" spacing, designed for maximum efficiency with 12 volts. However, since I don't want to use a caustic electrolyte because of possible damage to my aluminun throttle body and to the copper tubes that feed the cell, I have opted to use sodium citrate or sodium acetate. With this weak electrolyte you would need to have only 3 to 5 neutrals in order to draw a significant amperage at room temperature. My plan was to run it at 24 volts until it heated up enough to run at 12 volts.

Instead, it looks like I'll have to rebuild my cell, and wire it so that I can have more or fewer neutrals by the flip of a switch.