PDA

View Full Version : HHO in Diesel.

nivaman2
05-25-2009, 10:20 PM
First post
I am looking at converting my truck to diesel and also looking at running hho.
Is there any problems to be expected when running hho through a diesel engine with regard to hho returning back into water when combusted.
I am currently running two wet cells in my truck which is fitted with a petrol engine at the moment until i change it to diesel, the wet cells consist of 1, 8 three inch round plates in a windsheild washer container. 2, 42 4.5 inch round plates in a plastic storm water pipe, Distilled water with a quarter teaspoon of sodium hydroxide.
Am unsure what stainless i am using as i managed to find it at a scrap yard,
I suspect it has iron in it as both units have what looks to be brown sludge in them, i have used a magnet and no' 1 is magnetic and no'2 is not.
Any way i want to build a dry cell and was wondering about using 60 stainless plates in a -NN+ config and using a stepup transformer, any ideas here would help.
Thank you

nivaman2
05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Hello?.
Any one know the answer?.

Q-Hack!
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM
First post
I am looking at converting my truck to diesel and also looking at running hho.
Is there any problems to be expected when running hho through a diesel engine with regard to hho returning back into water when combusted.
I am currently running two wet cells in my truck which is fitted with a petrol engine at the moment until i change it to diesel, the wet cells consist of 1, 8 three inch round plates in a windsheild washer container. 2, 42 4.5 inch round plates in a plastic storm water pipe, Distilled water with a quarter teaspoon of sodium hydroxide.
Am unsure what stainless i am using as i managed to find it at a scrap yard,
I suspect it has iron in it as both units have what looks to be brown sludge in them, i have used a magnet and no' 1 is magnetic and no'2 is not.
Any way i want to build a dry cell and was wondering about using 60 stainless plates in a -NN+ config and using a stepup transformer, any ideas here would help.
Thank you

I can't speak to the deisel portion of your question, but there are guys on the forum who have successfully run HHO on diesels.

The reason you are seeing the brown sludge with NaOH is because you are running too many volts per plate gap. You don't say how the cell in the picture is configured, but I suspect that it is not the +|||||- required for a 12v vehicle. You only need 2v per plate gap to achieve HHO production.

Using a step-up transformer in a vehicle also means that you need an AC voltage source. Anytime you start to add extra stuff like this you end up with inefficiencies that will reduce your MPG. Just the opposite of what you are trying to do. Stick with the known standard and work from there. Build your dry cell using a +|||||-|||||+|||||- etc... and run it off the battery directly.

Once you get to this point you will need to think about limiting current so that you don't overdraw your alternator. This can be accomplished one of two ways. 1) carefully measure the NaOH such that a heated cell doesn't go above the current you want. 2) use a PWM and maximize your NaOH levels.

Another thing to note is that if you want to use a 60 plate configuration, you will probably need to build at least two separate HHO generators. The reason for this is that you wont have enough electrolyte flow through a single 60 plate design.

nivaman2
06-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Q-Hack
My cell config is -+-+-+-+, that is one of the cells.
In the other is similar but with more plates (about 40) and one neutral in the middle, I made them like this before I knew to put neutrals in and voltages.
The step up transformer I was going to use would step up 12v from 12v if it could be done.
Looking on here I am going to be building a dry cell but now am going to be looking carefully at voltages and plate config.
Two volt per cell, would this be between -+ or the -+ used as the cell I.e. two plates used as one cell?.
Plate -+ Plate or -+Plate Plate-+.
Other points have been noted and i will be incorporating them.
Thanks again

Q-Hack!
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe this thread will help you...

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625