PDA

View Full Version : plate spacing. more hho with less amps?

88stang23
05-22-2009, 10:11 PM
ive heard many things about how placing ur plates closer together lets u make the same amount of hho but with less current. wat im trying to do is make a mini cell to power my minibike. my only source of power would be a bycycle generator that puts out 12v 6w. can i put my plates close enough for this to make hho? or am i S.O.L.? please help!!!!

BoyntonStu
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
S.O.L

6 W is not enough power even run a pencil sharpener.

That is night light power.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
S.O.L

6 W is not enough power even run a pencil sharpener.

That is night light power.

BoyntonStu

Stu, you must be running with the smallest gap 1/32

Q-Hack!
05-23-2009, 02:09 AM
P=I*E

Where P = Watts, I=Amps and E=voltage

so I=P/E or 6 watts / 12v = .5 amps

With 1/2 amp feeding your HHO generator I would be real surprised if it created a single bubble of HHO. Most people don't start seeing measurable results until they get to about 3-4 amps at 12V, and even then it would only be considered a trickle flow.

What kind of mini-bike is it?

HHO BLASTER
05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
P=I*E

Where P = Watts, I=Amps and E=voltage

so I=P/E or 6 watts / 12v = .5 amps

With 1/2 amp feeding your HHO generator I would be real surprised if it created a single bubble of HHO. Most people don't start seeing measurable results until they get to about 3-4 amps at 12V, and even then it would only be considered a trickle flow.

What kind of mini-bike is it?

Why not pick through your local dump and find some small acid battery recharge it every night use the power from it

88stang23
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
its looks like a rupp (its a knockoff) but its powered by a 5 hp snowblower engine. its top speed is like 25. and quite frankly its horrible on gas for its size. and would it be possible to amplify the current somehow? if i could somehow make a cell that uses as little current as possible, would i still be able to go to radio shack or find an amplifier or something like that to give me more amps?

Q-Hack!
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
its looks like a rupp (its a knockoff) but its powered by a 5 hp snowblower engine. its top speed is like 25. and quite frankly its horrible on gas for its size. and would it be possible to amplify the current somehow? if i could somehow make a cell that uses as little current as possible, would i still be able to go to radio shack or find an amplifier or something like that to give me more amps?

Unfortunately no. Whatever device is generating the electricity is the limit of the current available. Even when talking about amplifiers, you are limited to the amount of current that the alternator can generate. Hence the reason that car stereo buffs add bigger alternators to their vehicles when they add bigger amplifiers.

Since mini-bikes are considered short distance vehicles, something you may want to consider is storing HHO in a small gas cylinder (don't exceed 400 psi.) and feed that to the engine. You would then generate the HHO at home to fill the gas cylinder. I bet one of those 24oz. paint ball gun C02 tanks would work great for this. Mind you I have no idea how long something like this would last at say 1LPM output.

88stang23
05-27-2009, 10:57 AM
i was afraid of this. it seems i should just continue to use the generator to power my headlight. since theres no hope for my initial design. i was really stoked about it 2. well i might still be able to continue on. the battery idea seems good, maybe i can make an array of rechargable camera batteries? that might give me enough amperage.

Q-Hack!
05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
While it is possible to use camera batteries, it would take quite a few to be useful. Depending on the battery, of course. For instance:

Canon NB-5L is 1150mAh or only 1.15 Ah so to build a cell that produces just 1LPM @ 10 Amps, would require at least 9 batteries. Last time I checked these were $20 a pop. This could get expensive real quick. Don't let me discourage you though, if you have a cheap source for camera batteries, then go for it.

keiththevp
05-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I am a landscaper and one of the machines I use regularly has a small alternator on it that is belt driven. It is capable of driving a 3-4 amp 12 volt pump continuously without a problem so this might work for you. And I believe it is about 100 dollars or less. You can get more info on it from perma-green that is the maker of the machine called a "ride on centri". I don't know what kind of motor you have on your bike but this machine only uses a 5-8 hp motor so it might work for you. Plus install is easy and comes with the pulley on the top of the unit, and a positive neg lead out the other side. The other advantage to this is it would only turn your cell on and power it when it was running. Hope that helps.