PDA

View Full Version : Fuel hoarder

cmac0351
05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I came across this today. It isn't HHO related exactly, but I thought it might have some significance to our cause. I have no idea if it works, just thought it was worth looking at. It is a bit pricey.

http://www.fuelhoarder.com/

cmac0351
05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I did see the price. I don't want to buy one, I just thought it might inspire some thinking.

It only works at certain rpm's. I figured there were enough electronics guys on here that one would be able to recreate it if it were something worth having.

BoyntonStu
05-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I came across this today. It isn't HHO related exactly, but I thought it might have some significance to our cause. I have no idea if it works, just thought it was worth looking at. It is a bit pricey.

http://www.fuelhoarder.com/

This is what I remember about the article:

The device takes 0.5 milliseconds off the fuel injector "on" time and thus leans out the mixture when the engine is between 1800 and 3000 RPM..

This gave me an idea:

If there was an EGT feedback circuit that acted like a thermostat, the engine could run as lean as possible and not overheat.

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
05-20-2009, 02:04 PM
This is what I remember about the article:

The device takes 0.5 milliseconds off the fuel injector "on" time and thus leans out the mixture when the engine is between 1800 and 3000 RPM..

This gave me an idea:

If there was an EGT feedback circuit that acted like a thermostat, the engine could run as lean as possible and not overheat.

BoyntonStu

Unfortunately, there are very few vehicles with a built in EGT that sends a signal to the ECU. But, one could build a circuit that monitors an aftermarket EGT and adjusts the ECU accordingly. mmm... You may be on to something here.

The initial setup would be a PIA, as every vehicle's EGT readings would be different. It would probably take a small embedded computer (laptop, pda, etc...) that monitors things like O2 sensor, EGT, TPS, MAP/MAF, etc... compares it to a known database of baseline EGT's and then adjusts fuel level accordingly.