PDA

View Full Version : Smack Claims 16% NOT 20% increase in MPG

BoyntonStu
05-19-2009, 08:40 AM
"That's right, D. I MAKE THE RULES. It may be YOUR challenge, but it's MY claims. You MUST test MY claims in order to challenge them! 16% Period - non negotiable. I have said this from the very beginning. Step up or shut up. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz9ZSoC7hzU

This is my point:

Smack is one of the most experienced HHO experimenters and seller of HHO generators.

Smack has invested a lot of time and money in HHO and 16% is what he has achieved.

Smack will not enter a 20% MPG gain challenge because he says he only be able to prove 16% and he will fail.

Therefore I must conclude that 16% is believable and anything over 16% less believable.

(BTW My ZX2 is still getting 14% with only 10 cents worth of duct tape for air restriction.)

To anyone claiming more than 16%; prove it!

BoyntonStu

Roland Jacques
05-19-2009, 08:50 AM
My Duct tape gets 22% increace !!!

BoyntonStu
05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
My Duct tape gets 22% increace !!!

Wow! That is better results than mine.

What % do you have blocked?

Did you reset the ECU?

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
First, when I see people posting 50%+ claims I too question the validity of their claims..... But constantly posting crap like this saying that no one can get over 16% because smack said so is just stupid.

If you watch the video smack himself states he has gotten 20% on his motorcycle (3:25 - 3:31).

Your constant demand for "proof" reminds me of someone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNHU1tI6IY

Did you reset the ECU?

BoyntonStu

Roland Jacques
05-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Did you reset the ECU?

BoyntonStu

That was my attempt at humor.

We only ran a duct taped intake on my sons 1993 Town Car for about 10 days. The funny thing it was about a 20% increase. and im pretty sure we reset the ECU that was a while back. The testing was not a long enough to narrow down a good hard number i just wanted to no if it worked.

BoyntonStu
05-19-2009, 10:27 AM
That was my attempt at humor.

We only ran a duct taped intake on my sons 1993 Town Car for about 10 days. The funny thing it was about a 20% increase. and im pretty sure we reset the ECU that was a while back. The testing was not a long enough to narrow down a good hard number i just wanted to no if it worked.

20% is better than 16% than with HHO that Smack has achieved.

Why quit the duct tape?

I have been using air restriction for months and it works great!

I don't see any humor in using air restriction.

BoyntonStu

H2OPWR
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
"That's right, D. I MAKE THE RULES. It may be YOUR challenge, but it's MY claims. You MUST test MY claims in order to challenge them! 16% Period - non negotiable. I have said this from the very beginning. Step up or shut up. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz9ZSoC7hzU

This is my point:

Smack is one of the most experienced HHO experimenters and seller of HHO generators.

Smack has invested a lot of time and money in HHO and 16% is what he has achieved.

Smack will not enter a 20% MPG gain challenge because he says he only be able to prove 16% and he will fail.

Therefore I must conclude that 16% is believable and anything over 16% less believable.

(BTW My ZX2 is still getting 14% with only 10 cents worth of duct tape for air restriction.)

To anyone claiming more than 16%; prove it!

BoyntonStu

Stu, I agree that Smack is an accomplished person when it comes to HHO. I do not beleive that he knows everything. No one does. There are many people who just may have gotten better results than he has and many more with less. I do not beleive for a second that just because one certain make and model with HHO added gets 16% better economy that a completely different model will get the same. He is testing his HHO on an Oldsmobile. They have not even made Oldsmobiles for several years. His ECU is way less advanced than most on today's vehicles. With a couple of tweeks that I have made it looks like I will have a 20% gain on this tank of fuel over normal. I will see after I need to fill up. Even if it is 20+% one tank does not actually mean much. It will take several tanks to prove anything. As far as proof goes. What in your opinion is proof?

Larry

BoyntonStu
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Stu, I agree that Smack is an accomplished person when it comes to HHO. I do not beleive that he knows everything. No one does. There are many people who just may have gotten better results than he has and many more with less. I do not beleive for a second that just because one certain make and model with HHO added gets 16% better economy that a completely different model will get the same. He is testing his HHO on an Oldsmobile. They have not even made Oldsmobiles for several years. His ECU is way less advanced than most on today's vehicles. With a couple of tweeks that I have made it looks like I will have a 20% gain on this tank of fuel over normal. I will see after I need to fill up. Even if it is 20+% one tank does not actually mean much. It will take several tanks to prove anything. As far as proof goes. What in your opinion is proof?

Larry

Larry,

Proof to me is your data after 3 or 4 tanks.

I accept your data as valid and it is based upon what you have already shown us.

OTOH Smack has hundreds of units that have been sold or replicated.

I was a quite surprised that he did not rise to the 20% challenge.

Have you noticed how the positive results testimonials on the forum have dried up?

I believe that 15% is a significant gain; especially if it comes with reduced emissions.

BoyntonStu

H2OPWR
05-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Larry,

Proof to me is your data after 3 or 4 tanks.

I accept your data as valid and it is based upon what you have already shown us.

OTOH Smack has hundreds of units that have been sold or replicated.

I was a quite surprised that he did not rise to the 20% challenge.

Have you noticed how the positive results testimonials on the forum have dried up?

I believe that 15% is a significant gain; especially if it comes with reduced emissions.

BoyntonStu

Stu, It is not just the positive testimonials that have dried up. The number of people even working on some kind of device has dried way up. There are plenty that come on ask a few questions then just dissapear. When I first joined there were several actually testing and many many more working together to make improvements. That number has shrunk drastically. I know this does work but there is no magic. It is very hard work and very difficult to make significant gains with the ECU fighting us. Also many are looking for the magic 50 or 100 MPG car that people like Dennis Lee claim. When they find that there is no bolt on fuel doubler they look at it as a scam. With all the negative press it is easy to see why. Like I have said in the past. If I had not made gains on my last vehicle I may gave given up as well. I am just now seing some gains and you know the amount of time and work I am putting into this.

Larry

bigjim56
05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm currently running without HHO due to adding the last stack to my cell and waiting for my ordered check valves to arrive. MY CAR RUNS MUCH BETTER W/HHO. I know the emissions are down and I am getting some gains, but not enough yet. I've been working on this for almost a year now and have went from a six pack of water4gas units to a dry cell. (Thanks Larry)

I have a second dry cell ready to install on my truck, but for right now the emphysis is on my car, I drive it most every day. I would be very happy w/a 16% improvement. I may get there and I may not, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. There are times when you want to throw your hands up and say "F" it, but this HHO is very interesting and I know I'm doing something benneficial for my car and the environment. Who knows where this leads, I may give up in the future if the gains are more troublesome than the cost.
But I look back and in less than a year, I feel I've come along way.

I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. Sure the naysayers are there, but they're everywhere. I tell 'em "Hey, the earth ain't flat anymore". My friends at work are hung up on the cost now....so now everythings $1000.
How much did that cost?...answer $1000. LOL. We've had some interesting and funny conversations. Most of these guys drive huge gas guzzlers, and I remind them that my carbon footprint is much smaller than theirs, then they leave me alone and go off and *itch about gas prices. :)

bigjim56

H2OPWR
05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm currently running without HHO due to adding the last stack to my cell and waiting for my ordered check valves to arrive. MY CAR RUNS MUCH BETTER W/HHO. I know the emissions are down and I am getting some gains, but not enough yet. I've been working on this for almost a year now and have went from a six pack of water4gas units to a dry cell. (Thanks Larry)

I have a second dry cell ready to install on my truck, but for right now the emphysis is on my car, I drive it most every day. I would be very happy w/a 16% improvement. I may get there and I may not, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. There are times when you want to throw your hands up and say "F" it, but this HHO is very interesting and I know I'm doing something benneficial for my car and the environment. Who knows where this leads, I may give up in the future if the gains are more troublesome than the cost.
But I look back and in less than a year, I feel I've come along way.

I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. Sure the naysayers are there, but they're everywhere. I tell 'em "Hey, the earth ain't flat anymore". My friends at work are hung up on the cost now....so now everythings $1000.
How much did that cost?...answer $1000. LOL. We've had some interesting and funny conversations. Most of these guys drive huge gas guzzlers, and I remind them that my carbon footprint is much smaller than theirs, then they leave me alone and go off and *itch about gas prices. :)

bigjim56

Yes bigjim, This is a long expensive road. Even if I got a 25% improvement I would have to live to be 200 years old to pay back all the money I have spent trying to improve effeciency of the cells. To me it is not about saving the money at the pump. It is about making this work and the personal satisfaction of a win. Every time I figure out a way to improve effeciency it justifies the cost to me. To what end I still do not have a clue. It is just a hobby.

Larry

bigjim56
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Larry,

I have spent quite a bit too, but in no way come close to your investment. I saw your last video of the side by side cells w/no current leakage, sharing the same electrolite (Naoh! I thought you was strictly a KOH man). I know your output was low there due to the low concentration of electrolite. I could'nt help thinking that somehow you could amp up that unit and pipe it into your furnace and use it to heat your home. LOL You got yourself some skills that would put your techs to shame.

I agree also that its a hobby. I've always liked working on mechanical things also, so it becomes the best of both worlds there.

One other point that needs addressed is this is technology that its value is inherant in its author (Yourself). When it comes time to purchase that new vehicle, whats the first consideration now...HHO! This knowledge and experience will transfer to the next vehicle(s) and so on. I won't look twice at those spiffy shiny new cars now...give me a car with a carbeurator, or a diesel and I'll make it humm. You can have the new cars with the astronomical price tags, the second hand cars now look much better to me.

bigjim56

H2OPWR
05-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Larry,

I have spent quite a bit too, but in no way come close to your investment. I saw your last video of the side by side cells w/no current leakage, sharing the same electrolite (Naoh! I thought you was strictly a KOH man). I know your output was low there due to the low concentration of electrolite. I could'nt help thinking that somehow you could amp up that unit and pipe it into your furnace and use it to heat your home. LOL You got yourself some skills that would put your techs to shame.

I agree also that its a hobby. I've always liked working on mechanical things also, so it becomes the best of both worlds there.

One other point that needs addressed is this is technology that its value is inherant in its author (Yourself). When it comes time to purchase that new vehicle, whats the first consideration now...HHO! This knowledge and experience will transfer to the next vehicle(s) and so on. I won't look twice at those spiffy shiny new cars now...give me a car with a carbeurator, or a diesel and I'll make it humm. You can have the new cars with the astronomical price tags, the second hand cars now look much better to me.

bigjim56

My Nissan is the first new car I have owned myself since 1988. I only bought it because of an insane program Nissan had. I have had it since last August and I paid less than trade in value is right now.

As for the NaOH I am a KOH person. The NaOH is better to use for plate cleansing and conditioning. I will switch back to KOH very soon on these new cell's.

Keep up the work. Sooner or later hard work always pays off.

Larry

Roland Jacques
05-21-2009, 10:16 AM
20% is better than 16% than with HHO that Smack has achieved.

Why quit the duct tape?

I have been using air restriction for months and it works great!

I don't see any humor in using air restriction.

BoyntonStu

I think the duct tape works OK for over powered cars. I believe all it accomplishes is Detuning ( making the engine effectively get less HP) that is why i think my son's V8 Town-Car had no problem getting the better MPG. My truck needs all the power it can get. At least until it gets the new engine it needs.

If i just wanted 10% - 15% better MPG and wanted not to loose HP, i would keep it simple, i think Water injection would be my first choice.

Personally when all said and done, I hope to get better than 30% gains with HHO. For me, it is not worth the hassle, risk, & money for just 16%.

BoyntonStu
05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I think the duct tape works OK for over powered cars. I believe all it accomplishes is Detuning ( making the engine effectively get less HP) that is why i think my son's V8 Town-Car had no problem getting the better MPG. My truck needs all the power it can get. At least until it gets the new engine it needs.

If i just wanted 10% - 15% better MPG and wanted not to loose HP, i would keep it simple, i think Water injection would be my first choice.

Personally when all said and done, I hope to get better than 30% gains with HHO. For me, it is not worth the hassle, risk, & money for just 16%.

"I think the duct tape works OK for over powered cars. I believe all it accomplishes is Detuning ( making the engine effectively get less HP) that is why i think my son's V8 Town-Car had no problem getting the better MPG. My truck needs all the power it can get. At least until it gets the new engine it needs."

My ZX2 is not over powered. The duct tape was just for testing.

Creeping up in traffic, and driving around town under 30-40 MPH does not require all the power that your engine can put out.

A butterfly valve that will open wide when full power is needed is the answer to your truck's need for full power.

Incidentally, water injection and HHO can be used in addition to air restriction.

Since I am at + 14% with air restriction and getting over 30 MPG, I am going to test the Amoeba Cell on the bench until it is perfected.

BoyntonStu