PDA

View Full Version : Foaming is causing cavitation...

bigjim56
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
More problems w/my dry cell installation. It seems when I start the car to do a spot check on operation, the reservoir expands on its level and the lower influent line feeding the cell just sits there, looking like no flow whatsoever. When I check the Amps, its like a lowly 1.5 or 2. I think whats happening is the start up causes the cell contents to foam, pressuring the cell and restricting the inlet flow. I actually see a back flow to the reservoir at this time from the lower cell feed supply line.

I'm to the point where I am about to take H2OPWR's advice and go to a thicker gasket (currently using the shower pan liner) and also add on the last stack to fulfill the 19 plate setup.

This would make a -NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+ configuration from the current
-NNNNN+NNNNN- setup, allowing for a cooler running cell and less chance of
over amperage. Just curious if anyone here has seen this happening before?

When I disconnect the top tubing from the dry cell to try to ensure the flooding of the cell, lots of foam comes out and the bubbler water wants to get sucked back into the reservoir (reverse flow). I'm really getting tired of flushing the bubbler.

Any other ideas or inputs would be appreciated. I think I know what I need to do, just looking for affirmation stories of other instances and what you did to correct it.

Thanks,

bigjim56