PDA

View Full Version : Gas: 12% surge in 3 weeks up 24.2 cents in less than three weeks.

HHO BLASTER
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/15/news/economy/gas/

Mulenson
05-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks President Obama, for flooding the maket with made up money in your hurry up stimulus making the dollar worth less and the price of goods go up! Wait..... that doesn't sound like a good idea! : I

BoyntonStu
05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks President Obama, for flooding the maket with made up money in your hurry up stimulus making the dollar worth less and the price of goods go up! Wait..... that doesn't sound like a good idea! : I

Obama Says Debt Load 'Unsustainable'; Warns of skyrocketing interest rates...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

When 15% (or higher) mortgage rates arrive, we can thank our president who finally acknowledged his foolish idea of printing money to save our falling economy.

We don't need more spending, what we need is less spending and economizing our lives.

BoyntonStu

bigjim56
05-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Before you start putting blame on our current president, take a look back to what got us here. Tax cuts for the rich, 2 wars (one unjustified), 8 years of NO regulation whatsoever, no bid contracts for KBR/Halliburton/Blackwater etc.

When all the people stop spending $, who's left to spend $. I don't agree 100% w/everything that the government is doing now, but it is now better than disagreeing 100% with EVERYTHING that the government was doing just last year.

We had a politically charged discussion a while back, so I don't want to recharge the atmosphere unnecessarily. Obama is not your problem, the problem started much earlier. These oil tycoons will get the price up again to the prior levels, they're outstandingly greedy. Supply and demand have some things to do w/it, but as soon as they can jack up the price for whatever reason, they will. It matters very little who's in the white house.

bigjim56

HHO BLASTER
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Last year Gas was $3.90 a gallon and last June when oil was at its highest Bush ordered the national oil reserve to fill up, that was real smart Bush!

Tomorrow all you smart asses wake up and you find yourself the Prez. What would you do it fix this mess where in.

Question, who is to blame for this mess? Hint it did not happen since January 22 2009

It seemed to me all hell broke loose when oil prices went nuts soooooooooo why is there not a repeat of the same thing this year WHAT HAS CHANGED?

Mulenson
05-15-2009, 10:02 PM
When did we stop reading the Constitution of the United States of America? We the people are the Regulation. The Federal government needs to stay out of our lives and let us do the regulating by the power of purchase. "Greedy" oil companys are not the only ones to blame. Just last year our state raised taxes 11 cents a gallon. Oil tycoons make one of the lowest profits on a product out there. There's so much of it sold they are making big money! We need to keep in mind that if someone finds free fuel. the goverment will need to tax us some how, recently heard about a mileage tax, So wether its gas or something else, we'll be taxed.

HHO BLASTER
05-15-2009, 10:17 PM

It wasn't Obama who gave the first bail out to the banks, with zero over site you don't have a problem with what Obama is doing, you have a problem with Obama. McCain would have had to do the same

Money must give flowing and good work jobs must be made, like alage farming so we don't import any oil at all

When oil prices went up Bush did nothing to control them, zero, WHY???

Mulenson
05-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Think i explained it in the last reply!? When the prices went up america cut back and cut out driving they didn't need. Changed driving habits. They spoke with their feet, and as a result demand went down, then prices. We don't need government to take care of us, we can do that our self. Got to remember, also, that China and India are putting how many new cars on the road each day. Think the number was something like 200.

truckman1966
05-17-2009, 03:29 PM
It did start after January 20th. Does anyone really know why? Well, you need to take something apart to fix it. Obama had to tear everything apart to fix this economy. Remember the old adage, "Things are going to get worse before they get better." It was that jackass we had before Obama (not going to name names) that got us into this situation. The deficit is the biggest it has been in 20 years and Clinton got it down to the lowest it had been in 25 years. Would you put a special oil in your car to fix a leak or a rod knock? Everyone knows that to fix a problem like that, you have to tear it apart and replace the parts. Now that the bad rod bearing is out of the crankcase/white house, we can start putting out engine back together and build some good oil pressure!

HHO BLASTER
05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Think i explained it in the last reply!? When the prices went up america cut back and cut out driving they didn't need. Changed driving habits. They spoke with their feet, and as a result demand went down, then prices. We don't need government to take care of us, we can do that our self. Got to remember, also, that China and India are putting how many new cars on the road each day. Think the number was something like 200.

Are you living on another planet, driving has not gone down, gas use has not gone down, I’m on the road a lot,

driving is the same, if not more.

Your problem is you tune into rightwing radio and the fix news CH. and your are brain washed.

Name one smart thing Bush did, to help bring down the high oil prices, oh yes I forgot he gave a $75,000 tax

break to buy a 6 MPG SUV. And had corn used as a fuel (very dumb idea) oh and of course he made sure to fill

the national oil reserves when oil was at its peak, last June.

I believe in science to fix world problems, that’s why I believe president Obama was the right pick.

We need to move on with newer and better fuels sources then drilling for oil, we don’t need to drill our oil we

can grow it cheaper, and better

Gary