PDA

View Full Version : voltage or current?

kenw232
05-14-2009, 12:47 AM
whats better or more efficient for splitting water? Higher current or higher voltage?

Roland Jacques
05-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't think your question can be ansewered.

I think it depends on many factors, their are many methods of splitting water...

HHO BLASTER
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
whats better or more efficient for splitting water? Higher current or higher voltage?

Higher current!

Built your own 1.5 to 3 volts supply at up to 100 amps and you will find out for yourself, its the current that does the work (need help just ask)

But keep in mind if your gap between plates is to wide, its even more current to get the same gas

Here is how i see it, you need to jump from one flat roof top to the next one, if the gap is only one foot it takes very little energy to jump but if the gap is 6 feet then you need much more energy to jump.

Q-Hack!
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
As long as your voltage per gap is around 2 volts, then you only have to worry about current. Any more than 2 volts per gap will generate excess heat, any less will reduce efficiency.

In other words; If your power supply puts out:
2v @ 20 amps then use +-+-+-+
4v @ 20 amps then use +|-|+|-
6v @ 20 amps then use +||-||+
12v @ 20 amps then use +|||||-

Each example above uses 7 plates and will have roughly the same MMW. Assuming that plate size and gap size are all equal. In reality the 2v setup will be better than the 12v setup, but most of us are designing for an automobile so we don't worry about the slight loss in efficiency since converting down before the HHO generator would create greater losses. However, if you are building for home use, then by all means try to build the 2v setup.

hho4all
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
i believe stan meyer answered that best when he said " let the voltage do the work"

HHO BLASTER
05-14-2009, 11:06 PM
i believe stan meyer answered that best when he said " let the voltage do the work"

If you got a million volts but only micro amps you still have nothing, its the current flowing that does the work