HHO BLASTER
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/05/06/gallery/hydrogen-bus-324x205.jpg

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/05/06/hydrogen-electrolyzer.html

Davehho1
05-10-2009, 06:45 AM
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/05/06/gallery/hydrogen-bus-324x205.jpg

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/05/06/hydrogen-electrolyzer.html

Nice, and about time. I read a report from nasa on compressing orthrohydrogen, they did in 1965

BoyntonStu
05-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Nice, and about time. I read a report from nasa on compressing orthrohydrogen, they did in 1965

Not nice!

Let's assume you have FREE hydrogen.

It takes 8 HP to compress 1 HP of compressed air.

I do not believe that 8:1 is out of the ballpark for compressed Hydrogen.

After you produce the 8 HP of electricity to compress 1 HP of Hydrogen are you better off than had you directly charged batteries for an electric car?

Generating and compressing Hydrogen is a waste of energy, green, blue, or black.

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
05-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Not nice!

Let's assume you have FREE hydrogen.

It takes 8 HP to compress 1 HP of compressed air.

I do not believe that 8:1 is out of the ballpark for compressed Hydrogen.

After you produce the 8 HP of electricity to compress 1 HP of Hydrogen are you better off than had you directly charged batteries for an electric car?

Generating and compressing Hydrogen is a waste of energy, green, blue, or black.

BoyntonStu

True, but for a fuel station, it would not be unreasonable to have a solar/wind farm such that the electricity used to compress the hydrogen is all relatively free. There is much that needs to be done to the underlying infrastructure before this becomes truly viable, but it holds promise.

BoyntonStu
05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
True, but for a fuel station, it would not be unreasonable to have a solar/wind farm such that the electricity used to compress the hydrogen is all relatively free. There is much that needs to be done to the underlying infrastructure before this becomes truly viable, but it holds promise.

"but it holds promise."????

Promise to throw away valuable energy?

What exactly would you gain by building an infrastructure designed to waste energy?

BoyntonStu

Davehho1
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
"but it holds promise."????

Promise to throw away valuable energy?

What exactly would you gain by building an infrastructure designed to waste energy?

BoyntonStu

They have cheap energy to produce the H.. They have cells that spit the H out at high pressure while its being produced.

So Boyntonstu, I say any ****ing thing but imported goddam oil , Whats your idea for our future energy needs ?

BoyntonStu
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
They have cheap energy to produce the H.. They have cells that spit the H out at high pressure while its being produced.

So Boyntonstu, I say any ****ing thing but imported goddam oil , Whats your idea for our future energy needs ?

Not Hydrogen.
We must use less energy.
We develop our own resources, coal, NG, oil, nuclear, wind.
Build high speed trains and outlaw flights between large cities less than 500 miles apart.

Next, research on renewable fuels, algae oil, etc.

BTW Hydrogen has to be at 8,000 PSI to equal gasoline energy/gallon.

BoyntonStu

truckman1966
05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Can i join this ****ing contest? The reason they are doing this is because it is "clean". the administration keeps getting pushed to get a cleaner fuel and they aren't neccessarily looking at the other consequences. Stu, you do have some good points but we all know that will never happen. It has become far too casual to hop a plane and to take that away, you would have a lot of people mad. I would put it up there with converting over the metric system. Although it could be done, doesn't always mean everyone will be in favor of it. And what makes you think that hydrogen or HHO is not the right choice to replace oil? The only other thing i can think of would be electricity.

HHO BLASTER
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Can i join this ****ing contest? The reason they are doing this is because it is "clean". the administration keeps getting pushed to get a cleaner fuel and they aren't neccessarily looking at the other consequences. Stu, you do have some good points but we all know that will never happen. It has become far too casual to hop a plane and to take that away, you would have a lot of people mad. I would put it up there with converting over the metric system. Although it could be done, doesn't always mean everyone will be in favor of it. And what makes you think that hydrogen or HHO is not the right choice to replace oil? The only other thing i can think of would be electricity.

There's green oil and green electric power But if your big oil, you lobby for dirty oil, because there's more money to be made by it

Davehho1
05-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Not Hydrogen.
We must use less energy.
Build high speed trains and outlaw flights between large cities less than 500 miles apart.

BoyntonStu

They are already storing H at 10,000 psi in tanks and using an regulator to inject it at 150 psi.

Now , please enter into your calulations the cost of billions a month for war and the price of one American's life.
If anything, impeach all the lowlife , bought and paid for politicians that consistantly vote NOT to drill here and NOT to open new refinieries .
Construct 100s of power plants, use everything there is, whatever it takes to stop importing oil, its the policy of traitors and thieves.

Roland Jacques
05-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Stu is absolutely correct most of the Green options are looked at from a feel good perspective. The folks selling these "green" alternative are also only putting their best foot forward. ("we run on clean air..." or ) We should be responsible enough to objectively consider all the side effects of there ______. Nowhere is it mentioned the compressors power usage, electricity's power source... Stu did what we all should be doing, peeling back the heap and looking at the nuts a bolts that make it work.

BoyntonStu
05-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Stu is absolutely correct most of the Green options are looked at from a feel good perspective. The folks selling these "green" alternative are also only putting their best foot forward. ("we run on clean air..." or ) We should be responsible enough to objectively consider all the side effects of there ______. Nowhere is it mentioned the compressors power usage, electricity's power source... Stu did what we all should be doing, peeling back the heap and looking at the nuts a bolts that make it work.

The issue should be:

We have X number of KWH available each year in green, clean, renewable energy.

What is the most efficient way of using it?

I mentioned flying between close by large cities as a prime example of waste; both time and fuel.

Imagine flying between NY and D.C.

The flight is only an hour, but there is the to and from the airport to consider.

At 200 MPH a modern train would make it downtown to downtown in 1 hour.

NY-Balt NY Boston, NY-Phil, LA-SF, Chicago-Boston, etc....

A terrorist cannot hijack a train a fly it into a building.

Trains would be faster, less air traffic, less fuel, fewer sky marshals, etc.

Even Obama mentioned bringing our trains up tp speed.

FWIW

BoyntonStu

Personal feelings aside.

HHO BLASTER
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I agree with you Stu, we need high speed trains now.

I also must say we should stop drilling for oil now, no more oil drilling forever, no more importing oil from other parts of the world

HHO BLASTER
05-11-2009, 01:15 PM
High-speed Velaro RUS Sets New Railway Speed Record: 281 km/h
Written by Vector1Media
Monday, 11 May 2009

The Velaro RUS high-speed train from Siemens Mobility has set a new speed record on Russian railroad tracks. During trials of the running gear and electrical systems on May 2, the “Sapsan”, or peregrine falcon as this new high-speed train is called in Russia, sped over the Okulovka–Mstinskiy Most section of line between Moscow and St. Petersburg at 281 km/h. “This is the first time that such a speed has been achieved on the Russian railway,” announced Valentin Gapanovich, Senior Vice President of Russian Railways (RZD).
Previous tests showed that the train would be able to travel at a speed of 200 km/h in normal service. After modernization of the infrastructure and a large part of the 645-kilometer line between Moscow and St. Petersburg, it has now proved possible to increase the speed to 230 km/h.

In the course of these trials, the new train is now to be “run in” on two other lines. First of all, trial runs are to be carried out on the Belorechenskaya–Maikop test track of Severo-Kavkazskaya Railways. After that, trial operation is planned on the tracks of the Gorkovskaya railway line.

These trials are due to be completed by November of this year. They will be followed by the first regularly scheduled run between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Passengers will then only need 3 hours and 45 minutes to travel between the two cities. Almost an hour will be saved in the process. The average round-trip time will be eight hours.

December 2009 has been set as the date for the contractual acceptance inspection and start of commercial service. Siemens Mobility is to supply eight trains of the Velaro RUS type to RZD by 2010. The contract for the trains and their maintenance over a 30-year period was awarded to Siemens in May 2006.

www.siemens.com

HHO BLASTER
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=3745

Davehho1
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
The issue should be:

I mentioned flying between close by large cities as a prime example of waste; both time and fuel.

Imagine flying between NY and D.C.

The flight is only an hour, but there is the to and from the airport to consider.

At 200 MPH a modern train would make it downtown to downtown in 1 hour.

NY-Balt NY Boston, NY-Phil, LA-SF, Chicago-Boston, etc....

A terrorist cannot hijack a train a fly it into a building.

Trains would be faster, less air traffic, less fuel, fewer sky marshals, etc.

Even Obama mentioned bringing our trains up tp speed.

FWIW

BoyntonStu

Personal feelings aside.

Terrorists can de-rail a train for 100 bucks and an old pickup truck.

If your not even remotely interested in Hydrogen or HHO, why are you on this site at all ?

Personal feelings aside

BoyntonStu
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM

If your not even remotely interested in Hydrogen or HHO, why are you on this site at all ?

Personal feelings aside

"Terrorists can de-rail a train for 100 bucks and an old pickup truck"

Somehow, you seem to always avoid the big picture.

Would you rather be derailed on a train or have a skyscraper come down on your head?

"why are you on this site at all ?"

Can you say "Amoeba Cell"?

Why are you here?

What factual information have you contributed?

BoyntonStu

Roland Jacques
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
The issue should be:

BoyntonStu

Right ! (except the renewable part, even the clean & green part id have to question)

Also we should look at how to create the KWH in the safest, cleanest, and cost efficient way possibly. For now that appears to be Nuclear. But that's not "Politically Correct".

Davehho1
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Not Hydrogen.
We must use less energy.

BoyntonStu

" Not Hydrogen" , Nothing personal , But isn't that Kind of an ironic statement for a site based on solving the HHO and H riddle ? Wouldn't you agree ?

BoyntonStu
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
" Not Hydrogen" , Nothing personal , But isn't that Kind of an ironic statement for a site based on solving the HHO and H riddle ? Wouldn't you agree ?

Hydrogen as a energy carrier; NO!

HHO as a catalyst to increase MPG and to clean emissions: Possibly.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
05-12-2009, 12:20 AM

Personal feelings aside

Dave, why do you have a chip on your shoulder towards Stu, Stu has been working harder then 99% of the guys here on HHO I have a lot of respect for Stu, he not only knows his stuff, but has added a ton of info to HHO, but like me we have a open mind. Please if you got a personal problem and need to vent it, go someplace else.

Gary

Davehho1
05-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Dave, why do you have a chip on your shoulder towards Stu, Stu has been working harder then 99% of the guys here on HHO I have a lot of respect for Stu, he not only knows his stuff, but has added a ton of info to HHO, but like me we have a open mind. Please if you got a personal problem and need to vent it, go someplace else.

Gary

No chip on this shoulder gary, I even said "nothing personal" I caught his video on U-tube and I thought it was interesting. No biggee, C-ya

Q-Hack!
05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
No chip on this shoulder gary, I even said "nothing personal" I caught his video on U-tube and I thought it was interesting. No biggee, C-ya

Ya, those of us who have been here a while know that Stu's writing style is such that it tends to start riots. Stu actually does know what he his doing. He is a master at getting people to provide descenting ideas. On many occasions, he has said something that questioned my own thoughts, forcing me to go look it up. Keep up the good work Stu.

HHO BLASTER
05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I i had 1/10 of Stu's brain power i would be rich