PDA

View Full Version : electrolyte depletion

tylerdurdin
05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
as my koh/water solution depletes, will i need to replace KOH in jar as well as distilled water? and does anyone know a low cost alternative to EFIE, aside from the foil/ o2 sensor extender(just because i heard that doesn`t really work)as i`m out of cash for this project, and i kinda got my friends 2000 454 involved. he`s not really liking the worse mileage(no o2 manipulation involved as of yet) anything would be appreciated thanks

H2OPWR
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
as my koh/water solution depletes, will i need to replace KOH in jar as well as distilled water? and does anyone know a low cost alternative to EFIE, aside from the foil/ o2 sensor extender(just because i heard that doesn`t really work)as i`m out of cash for this project, and i kinda got my friends 2000 454 involved. he`s not really liking the worse mileage(no o2 manipulation involved as of yet) anything would be appreciated thanks

For the most part you will just need to add distilled water. If you notice the amps lowering then add just a little KOH. I have went through gallons of distilled water without adding any KOH. It all depends on how hot your cell runs. The hotter the more KOH you will lose.

As for a low cost alternative to an EFIE they do not work. You can find EFIE's fairly cheap anymore.

Larry