PDA

View Full Version : HHO Energy Testing, and Over unity Testing

Roland Jacques
05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
My idea is to verify an electrolyser’s output efficiency and maybe clearing up some over unity MMW readings. By testing the energy of the gas we produce we may shine some light on two questions.

1. Can there possible be a gain in BTU by converting watts into HHO? Seems that the rules and laws say no. But some folks still claim this to be possible.

2. I am also thinking this is a good way to test for comparing different types of electrolysers. Especially if a cell you have seems to be performing at say 10 MMW or higher.
(Maybe helping to determine how much of our gas is actually HHO or …???)
Here is what I have in mind.

Measuring the gas’s ability to heat.

A Water Heating Torch.
A simple torch could be made to get max available heat from HHO while under water. It would involve placing the flame in a long tube, like a long narrow upside down SS cup fully submerged. Also adding extra air to the gases from a regulated air pump to get max heat. (A 5 psi Tetra Luft pump would work) I don’t think this would be hard to build.

Example
Take a 350 Watts water heating element (I have titanium aquarium heating elements) put it in a 10 gallon aquarium. Monitor and record the water's temp Heat raise, over Time, and Watt usages.

Then, or at the same time, do the same for a HHO torch that is consuming total 350 watts. (A PMW should be allowed to dial in wattage)

Question #1 could be answered this way. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Then you could take the MMW of the cell, while in the torch configuration, > and by doing some math and possible determine whether HHO does, or does not, have something extra to it, that Faraday's rule misses?

Then question #2 to could be tested in the same fashion.

Do you guys think this would this be a good test?

H2OPWR
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
My idea is to verify an electrolyser’s output efficiency and maybe clearing up some over unity MMW readings. By testing the energy of the gas we produce we may shine some light on two questions.

1. Can there possible be a gain in BTU by converting watts into HHO? Seems that the rules and laws say no. But some folks still claim this to be possible.

2. I am also thinking this is a good way to test for comparing different types of electrolysers. Especially if a cell you have seems to be performing at say 10 MMW or higher.
(Maybe helping to determine how much of our gas is actually HHO or …???)
Here is what I have in mind.

Measuring the gas’s ability to heat.

A Water Heating Torch.
A simple torch could be made to get max available heat from HHO while under water. It would involve placing the flame in a long tube, like a long narrow upside down SS cup fully submerged. Also adding extra air to the gases from a regulated air pump to get max heat. (A 5 psi Tetra Luft pump would work) I don’t think this would be hard to build.

Example
Take a 350 Watts water heating element (I have titanium aquarium heating elements) put it in a 10 gallon aquarium. Monitor and record the water's temp Heat raise, over Time, and Watt usages.

Then, or at the same time, do the same for a HHO torch that is consuming total 350 watts. (A PMW should be allowed to dial in wattage)

Question #1 could be answered this way. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Then you could take the MMW of the cell, while in the torch configuration, > and by doing some math and possible determine whether HHO does, or does not, have something extra to it, that Faraday's rule misses?

Then question #2 to could be tested in the same fashion.

Do you guys think this would this be a good test?

I would love to see those results.

Larry

Roland Jacques
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Maybe something like

Celsius Increase, per Minute, per Liter of water, per Watt

H2OPWR
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Maybe something like

Celsius Increase, per Minute, per Liter of water, per Watt

Just make sure to start with exactly the same water temp in both vessels. Maybe leave them out on the counter side by side for 24 hours before doing the test.

Larry

Roland Jacques
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Here's a video of a guy showing that HHO can burn under water and he is monitoring the temperature. The bubbles coming off his torch are unburnt Hydrogen and maybe some Oxygen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csELyQvOYvg&feature=channel

Roland Jacques
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Just make sure to start with exactly the same water temp in both vessels. Maybe leave them out on the counter side by side for 24 hours before doing the test.

Larry

It would not have to be a side by side, started at the same time and temp kind of test. (But i probably would do the first test that way...)

I would just have to pick a starting point for the test, for future comparisons. We could start the water heating from any room temp, monitor the degree rising.
Then when the water reaches 50 Celsius 122 F then Record the time it takes to reach 60 Celsius 140 F (most digital temp gauges reach this range)

This way we could have a standard. Outside room temps would have very little effect or reading. Also if a temp gauge was a bit off it would have little effect on reading because we a measuring the temp rise.