PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

tylerdurdin
05-02-2009, 02:56 PM
hello, i`m fairly new to the hho game, and need a little advise. i`ve built an effective wet cell mason jar generator +nn-nn+nn- 316L on 1/4 tsp. of KOH, a PWM,and i bought a map/MAF adjuster before realizing that what i really needed was an EFIE. what i would like to know is if anyone has disconnected the o2 sensor and used the maf adjuster instead with favorable results.:confused:

H2OPWR
05-03-2009, 03:09 AM
hello, i`m fairly new to the hho game, and need a little advise. i`ve built an effective wet cell mason jar generator +nn-nn+nn- 316L on 1/4 tsp. of KOH, a PWM,and i bought a map/MAF adjuster before realizing that what i really needed was an EFIE. what i would like to know is if anyone has disconnected the o2 sensor and used the maf adjuster instead with favorable results.:confused:

Do not even try!!!!!!!!!! If you disconnect the O2 the ECU will go into open loop and run of a pre determined table. It will ignore all other sensor readings and run your engine extra rich to avoid a possible lean burn condition. You could put 100 LPM's HHO into your engine and still use more fuel. The only thing is that you would idle at 1000+ RPM's. Trust me when I say that you do not want that to happen.

Larry

tylerdurdin
05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
thank you very much. i`ll just have to get the efie and do this right.so, the map/maf will just help fine tune savings post-o2 manipulation? as my h2o/KOH solution depletes,will i need to replace electrolyte as well as water?