PDA

View Full Version : Engine Temperature Question

cmac0351
04-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I was wondering if my coolant temperature would be indicative of my exhaust temperature. My scanguage gives me coolant temp, but not exhaust temp. I was wondering if monitoring my coolant temp will be enough when I add an EFIE to my setup.

I am trying out the D17 EFIE btw. I mentioned in the other section of this forum that I am trying to build one. It works on a different principle than the typical voltage adding efie. I will post my results, but it may be a while until you hear from me.

Q-Hack!
04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
I was wondering if my coolant temperature would be indicative of my exhaust temperature. My scanguage gives me coolant temp, but not exhaust temp. I was wondering if monitoring my coolant temp will be enough when I add an EFIE to my setup.

I am trying out the D17 EFIE btw. I mentioned in the other section of this forum that I am trying to build one. It works on a different principle than the typical voltage adding efie. I will post my results, but it may be a while until you hear from me.

Not recommended. By the time the water temp has heated up, you have already put the engine cylinder temps in the red. Get yourself an EGT gauge. They are a bit pricey, but well worth the safety of the engine.