PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been at it?

BoyntonStu
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
How many months have you been running a cell in your car?

Have you any positive MPG results?

BoyntonStu

gashead
04-28-2009, 07:38 PM
How many months have you been running a cell in your car?

Have you any positive MPG results?

BoyntonStu

12 months, yes on one and no on the other. but the other has a 242,000 mile worn engine that seems to run new again!

Q-Hack!
04-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Pushing 18-19 months now. No gains that I would attribute to HHO just yet. I am thinking that there are other uses for HHO that would be more beneficial than trying to improve fuel mileage. Mainly portable welding.

BoyntonStu
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Pushing 18-19 months now. No gains that I would attribute to HHO just yet. I am thinking that there are other uses for HHO that would be more beneficial than trying to improve fuel mileage. Mainly portable welding.

I weld with 2 methods:

Acetylene/Oxygen or my homemade DC stick welder.

I braze with Propane/Oxygen.

What would HHO offer to compete with these methods?

How many LPM would be required to butt weld 1/8" thick mild steel?

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I am looking at a mobile Oxy/Acety replacement. The idea being that water is safer to transport than bottles of gas. I am no professional welder, so I don't have any real comparison. What I do have is the redneck mentality that says I can repair broken steel parts with just about any flame that will melt it. It may not look pretty when I am done, but at least it will be functional. :D

edit: My HHO generator puts out about 4 LPM currently. Makes a nice flame for melting steel together.

gashead
04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
I am looking at a mobile Oxy/Acety replacement. The idea being that water is safer to transport than bottles of gas. I am no professional welder, so I don't have any real comparison. What I do have is the redneck mentality that says I can repair broken steel parts with just about any flame that will melt it. It may not look pretty when I am done, but at least it will be functional. :D

edit: My HHO generator puts out about 4 LPM currently. Makes a nice flame for melting steel together.

i am a professional welder, and you will still need the oxygen to get fusion of the weld, 4lpm might melt it but it want get the penatration without a secondary o2 source. dont give up you are on to something

DodgeViper
04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I weld with 2 methods:

Acetylene/Oxygen or my homemade DC stick welder.

I braze with Propane/Oxygen.

What would HHO offer to compete with these methods?

How many LPM would be required to butt weld 1/8" thick mild steel?

BoyntonStu

In the plastic industry the only flame used is a hydrogen flame. Due to its clean burn.

Q-Hack!
04-29-2009, 02:12 AM
In the plastic industry the only flame used is a hydrogen flame. Due to its clean burn.

Plastic is something I never think about using a torch on, but now that you mention it... mmm... the possibilities.