PDA

View Full Version : HELP!, MY HHO Negitive terminal is really HOT

jar_05
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
i have just finished building my Smack booster genII HHO generator. im using a a 22 gauge SS 316. its a 20 plate design +nnnnnnnn-nnnnnnnn+. my cell is warm after about 1 hour. but my negative 1/4" stainless steel bolt get hot. so hot that is starts to meld the PVC cap. Any help would be great

HHO BLASTER
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
i have just finished building my Smack booster genII HHO generator. im using a a 22 gauge SS 316. its a 20 plate design +nnnnnnnn-nnnnnnnn+. my cell is warm after about 1 hour. but my negative 1/4" stainless steel bolt get hot. so hot that is starts to meld the PVC cap. Any help would be great

Loose connection at the negative terminal switch the power from negative to plus if the same terminal still gets hot its without doubt a loose connection

Gary

jar_05
04-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Loose connection at the negative terminal switch the power from negative to plus if the same terminal still gets hot its without doubt a loose connection

Gary

Gary
Thanks for your replay, ill check all my connection again. hope fully that will help. will let you know if there has solved it. thank you.
jarvis

Q-Hack!
04-27-2009, 01:33 AM
One of the bigger culprits is if you have your stainless steel bolts running down in the electrolyte uncovered. Then they act as an electrode plate by themselves. It has the effect of running a +- directly without any unconnected plates. Usually you can correct this with a piece of heat shrink tubing around each of the bolts that are exposed to the electrolyte.