PDA

View Full Version : my plasma arc expierence

oicu812
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
after several months and managing to blow up a lot of stuff, i've somehow managed to perfect my plasma arc circuit. basicly all the circuit does is charge up a 48uf capacitor to about 400 volts and dumping the cap into an ignition coil. you have to use a string of diodes to jumper the + side of the ignition coil to the anode of the sparkplug. that way once the high voltage secondary(about 100,000 volts) jumps the sparkplug gap the rest of the cap charge can discharge. it results in a amazing ball of plasma about 1/2 inch in diameter. than if you mist water into the plasma the water actually explodes. I played with this effect for a couple weeks and was allitle disapointed, allthough the shockwave and explosive sound is defening and the plasma is so bright you can't look at it, very little heat comes from the blast. I could place my hand directly in the blast and it didn't even feel warm. I was ready to give up when I decided to use my hho torch at about 4 liters a minute with a .030 tip and use that as a venturi to pull the mist from a ultrasonic humidifier and direct that directly into the blasma arc. I used a 1/2 inch brass tee and taped it out to accept the sparkplug. the bottom of the tee has the hho and water mist blown in and the other end has a 1/2 inch coupling on it acting as a barrell of a gun.holy crap this thing has some power behind it now. I think when the hho and water mist explode whatever water mist thats left over flashes to steam. i've tried this under a little presure by placing a plastic water bottle over the 1/2 inch barrell and it pretty much scares the crap out of you..I have the thing rigged up using relays and a turn signal flasher to blast about once a second but it can fire up to 30 times a second. its really hard on the sparkplug and relays though so i'm not sure how long they'll last. i'm convinced a setup like this can drive a piston down using much less hho than just hho only. a friend of mine has a great video camera so in the next couple weeks i'll post a video of it.

oicu812
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
I believe your right shane that would explain the plug wear. I parralled three of them together once and blew the cathode clean off. looked like it was cut off with a laser cutter

HHO BLASTER
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Here's some pic's of arc's

http://tesladownunder.com/#Best

HHO BLASTER
04-24-2009, 11:36 PM
http://tesladownunder.com/Tesla18Dalek10006Ft.jpg

Franky
04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
wow this is awsome....... :D

The guy is a real artist if you look at his website.

lowride
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi oicu812.

Have you done more research yet? I am very interested in your findings. Perhaps you have made a video?

Lowride

oicu812
04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
I have a crappy video taken with my pocket pc but a co worker has a great hd video camera who's gonna video and edit it for me. the problem with a crap camera is that it can't capture every explosion and the sound is terible. water mist and hho together is the answer along with a plasma spark.