PDA

View Full Version : HHO use on lawn mowers

jtkplc
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to learn more about HHO. I've seen the explosion of it on the internet, but I still read about how it doesn't work in various magazines and stuff. I know how the gov't and big companies try to keep "cures" from being known, whether cures for diseases or energy.

I want to try HHO. I've read quite a bit about it. I work in lawn care and am looking to try a kit out on my diesel truck and possibly even my equipment to cut down on my fuel costs this year. What advise can you give me about trying a kit on my Exmark lawn mower? It's got a 35hp Vanguard engine, which is 993cc's.

jtkplc
04-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Can anyone give me some insight as to where to start?

Painless
04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
For your lawn mower, with just under 1 litre engine capacity, I would start by introducing 1 litre per minute of HHO (if the electrical system can deliver 10-15 amps to your cell).

jtkplc
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
For your lawn mower, with just under 1 litre engine capacity, I would start by introducing 1 litre per minute of HHO (if the electrical system can deliver 10-15 amps to your cell).

How would I determine if it can deliver adequate amps?

redrat100
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
How would I determine if it can deliver adequate amps?

There should be some kind of data plaque on the alternator that states the output capacity. Or, the owners manual should say so. Or, call the manufacturer and ask.

A good place to start is by building a Lowes dry cell as shown in Painless' You Tube video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrovCAzg_kY&feature=related

mytoyotasucks
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I disagree. For about the same price you can have 316l plates cut by SCM. Why waste money on something that is not going to last??

do they ship cause my metal shops around here arnt cheap!!

jtkplc
04-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Should I purchase an HHO kit then or make one? How do I know how much H it will produce per minute?

mytoyotasucks
04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Should I purchase an HHO kit then or make one? How do I know how much H it will produce per minute?

if ur going to buy one, make sure u ask us if its good or not, that way u wont get junk.

there are some good ones out there from wet and dry cell.

if u buy one - it will cost more but save some headaches.

there are some on ebay worth buying, and i do think that there is some members here that sell also, check in the for sale section.

and if ur looking for how much HHO it will produce, most list under ideal conditions.

and for a lawn mower bigger is not better because the bigger u go the more amps u will need.

Like Painless said, his Lowes drycell (not as big as he's gone).

and check out my thread (experiments) and making a Lowes drycell is not expensive. I paid $1/wall plate, then $10 gasket material, $10 for end plates.
I could not get the same gaskets as painless uses cause hard to find in Canada, but they seem to work.

cost of mine less testing and building - $13 (wall plates) + $10 (gasket material) + $10 (end plates) + $4 (fittings, about $2 each) + $7 (bolts, nuts and washers)= $44 and plus bubbler.