PDA

View Full Version : Help with HHO unit?

dell69
04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
I have a 4.7 V8 toyota Sequia. I built my own hho unit, a 16 plate dry cell 8x6. I am running a curent limiting pwm set at 25amps. The unit has a tank with a seprate bubbler and a flashback filter installed. I haven't checked the probuction of ho gas but it seems like it is making about 1lpm. i am useing sodium hydroxide as the electrolite. It is set at 25amps cold. No efi or o2 mods. I am getting 14.5mpg with out hho and 14.5 with it on. What am i doing wrong!!!!

H2OPWR
04-20-2009, 02:01 AM
I have a 4.7 V8 toyota Sequia. I built my own hho unit, a 16 plate dry cell 8x6. I am running a curent limiting pwm set at 25amps. The unit has a tank with a seprate bubbler and a flashback filter installed. I haven't checked the probuction of ho gas but it seems like it is making about 1lpm. i am useing sodium hydroxide as the electrolite. It is set at 25amps cold. No efi or o2 mods. I am getting 14.5mpg with out hho and 14.5 with it on. What am i doing wrong!!!!

1 LPM is no where near enough HHO for your truck. Even if your cell is very effecient and making more like 1.5 LPM you still do not have enough HHO. From my tests I am sure you will also need an EFIE and MAF to get much improvement. First and foremost you need more HHO. Somewhere between 4 and 5 LPM IMO.

Larry

dell69
04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
4 to 5 lpm is alot of hho and that needs lots of amps. I am looking at 75 to 90 amps. I don't think that is going to work for me or my truck. My alternator will fry. I would have to redo my whole electrical system. I it really worth a .5 or 1 mpg of fuel milage.

H2OPWR
04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
4 to 5 lpm is alot of hho and that needs lots of amps. I am looking at 75 to 90 amps. I don't think that is going to work for me or my truck. My alternator will fry. I would have to redo my whole electrical system. I it really worth a .5 or 1 mpg of fuel milage.

No it is not worth that low of MPG improvement. I have yet to install an EFIE of MAF to take advantage of the HHO that I am adding. I anticipate a much higher gain. Right now I am watching to see how the ECU reacts to all the HHO I am adding, to see what I can learn. If I had already added the enhancers I might miss something that could help myself and others along the way. With a properly designed cell 5 LPM can be obtained with 65 to 70 amps. You would have to add a high output alternator to get that much available amperage. I know it is expensive to make the changes but what I am trying to say is that with 1 LPM HHO on a V8 engine it is going to be difficult to make a difference. Painless has went through months of trying lower outputs on a similar sized engine with much frustration. Adding an EFIE or MAF could help you make gains but use caution not to overlean your engine with them. You are facing the same problem right now that has discouraged many people with this technology. All the scammers promising 15 to 20 amp devices that bolt on and get 40 or 50 percent gains are lieing while trying to profit on a viable technology that has a target audience of people with very little to no experience with HHO. They simply are in this for a buck. I truely wish that someone could figure out a way to add a device that a normal vehicles electrical system could handle and make nice gains. So far I have seen thousands of promises and very few real world results. This technology does work but requires quite a bit of effort. I am not trying to discourage you at all. Just trying to be honest.

Good Luck

Larry

dell69
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Well I thank you for your honesty. I can't see my self spending much more money and days worth of time for something that is really not going to make much differance on my v8 toyota. I just spent about 100 dollars on a ccpwm and that was my limit. I spent a total of 600 on three systems and i'm throwing in the towel. Two Smack type boosters and a Bob Boyce dry cell system. I was really into this movement but I seen no improvment with milage or emissions. I have a smog machine that i can use to check if at least the car runs cleaner. My car ran dirtyer with the system on, not by much but i was dirtyer. I am very disapointed with the results. Well at least i tried, that's all i can say. Maybe some one in the future can cum up with a system that really work at a afordable price. I will be removeing the system and selling it on ebay.

H2OPWR
04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Well I thank you for your honesty. I can't see my self spending much more money and days worth of time for something that is really not going to make much differance on my v8 toyota. I just spent about 100 dollars on a ccpwm and that was my limit. I spent a total of 600 on three systems and i'm throwing in the towel. Two Smack type boosters and a Bob Boyce dry cell system. I was really into this movement but I seen no improvment with milage or emissions. I have a smog machine that i can use to check if at least the car runs cleaner. My car ran dirtyer with the system on, not by much but i was dirtyer. I am very disapointed with the results. Well at least i tried, that's all i can say. Maybe some one in the future can cum up with a system that really work at a afordable price. I will be removeing the system and selling it on ebay.

Sorry, I never want to be the one who tells someone that is just getting started about the normal problems with HHO. Obviously I beleive in this and you are just one example of a person who wants to help fuel consumption. The reason you are a little dirtier is because the O2's are giving you too much fuel. An EFIE would solve that problem but with only 1 lpm I beleive that you can not make significant gains. I only wish there was enough information out there to help people make an informed decision before making a purchase. I do beleive the answer will come fairly soon. I just wish the people selling these systems would give all the information up front. If you are going to remove your system it would be nice to see you stay apart of this forum. There will be many more breakthroughs in the future that may make this technology easy to obtain and use. We need all the help we can get.

Larry