PDA

View Full Version : Basic question from a newbie

goroberts
04-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I have been looking at the topic of hydroxy for some time now. I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee, V8. It has 80,000 miles on it and is in very good condition. I state that up front so it is understood that my Jeep is not a vehicle that I want to risk ruining the engine. Having said that, I'll procede.

I am aware this site is one of the better ones on the topic of hydroxy assisted engines. The one thing that I don't seem to see being addressed, perhaps because I am not an auto mechanic (I am an electronic technician), or perhaps it is still an ongoing problem is: Electronic ignition/timing and engine sputtering: How do we keep the engine running smoothly when hydroxy is introduced/increased/decreased/removed from the air intake?

Thanks,
g

mytoyotasucks
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
I have been looking at the topic of hydroxy for some time now. I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee, V8. It has 80,000 miles on it and is in very good condition. I state that up front so it is understood that my Jeep is not a vehicle that I want to risk ruining the engine. Having said that, I'll procede.

I am aware this site is one of the better ones on the topic of hydroxy assisted engines. The one thing that I don't seem to see being addressed, perhaps because I am not an auto mechanic (I am an electronic technician), or perhaps it is still an ongoing problem is: Electronic ignition/timing and engine sputtering: How do we keep the engine running smoothly when hydroxy is introduced/increased/decreased/removed from the air intake?

Thanks,
g

the HHO aids in the burning of the fuel. If anything the HHO helps the engine run smoother.

goroberts
04-13-2009, 01:41 PM
the HHO aids in the burning of the fuel. If anything the HHO helps the engine run smoother.

That I am aware of the cleaner burn but I know that hydrogen ignites/burns faster that gasoline thus requiring the timing be adjusted to compensate. I guess then, do such devices as Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancers (EFIE) fill this role?

mytoyotasucks
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
That I am aware of the cleaner burn but I know that hydrogen ignites/burns faster that gasoline thus requiring the timing be adjusted to compensate. I guess then, do such devices as Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancers (EFIE) fill this role?

well with Electronic Fuel Injection the computer compensates and will retart the timing if nessesary. But the EFIE can adjust certain sensors to compensate for the extra HHO in the system.

EFIE's are only needed once u start producing a lot of HHO.

Painless
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
To put the statement into the proper context, in order to gain the maximum benefit from HHO, it is advisable to retard your timing some.

As for the correct way to do this, it depends on your vehicle. An EFIE will not achieve this. Re-programming the ECU is the best way, if this option is open to you.

Russ.