PDA

View Full Version : reservoir and bubbler questions

Franky
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi guys,

I want to build my reservoir and have a question.
If I look at the reservoirs that are sold on ebay and in shops I almost always see a reservoir with 2 hoses on top and 1 hose down below under the reservoir to feed the electrolyte back. Wouldn't it be better if I would put the waterfeed that comes from the Drycell into the reservoir also way below?
That way it also acts as a bubbler.

I assume that you cannot use it as a bubbler and need a real bubbler besides the reservoir. with the input also down below you have 2 "bubblers". I would say double cleaning out of the electrolyte. Or am I wrong?

Any suggestions?

Franky

Painless
04-10-2009, 03:14 PM
There are three reasons not to do this:

1) Bubbling through the electrolyte will not be as effective at removing unwanted electrolyte from the HHO as a traditional bubbler.

2) Bubbling below the water surface can, in some instances, create too much back pressure and restrict normal convection flow.

3) You run a bigger risk of a flashback getting to your cell.

Davehho1
04-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Yep, painless nailed it

I do exactly what your saying with the outlet from the cell going to the bottom of the main tank, from there, the outlet gas go's to the bottom of the first of two bubblers/scrubbers. If you want to do it this way , you'll need an small offset pressure tank to maintain the convection flow painless spoke of.

Hope it helps

D

Franky
04-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Russ and Dave,

you both convinced me with good reasons. Tomorrow I will be going to make the tapped wholes for my reservoir. 2 on top, 1 below to go back to the cell. Exiting :)

Franky