PDA

View Full Version : Electrolyser Question, Water level vs Production???

Roland Jacques
04-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I have an idea but I dont have a electrolyser to test with right now. I wonder if anybody knows this info already.

Does the amperage and or production go down in a electrolyser as the water/electrolyte level goes down. If so does it go down porportionally.

Example: Say your plates are 12" tall

Full, 12" water level ( plates completely submerged)
It pulls 30 amps, and produces 1 LPM

Half full 6" water level (plates half way submerged)
Does it pull 15 amps and or produce 0.5 LPM???

Painless
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
There are more variables involved, but essentially, you are correct.

Roland Jacques
04-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the confirmation Painless

I thought i would have time to build and test this theory but time and money being a limiting factor for me right now. I'll just through it out there instead.

VARIABLE HHO DELIVERY SYSTEM

I'm am sure this will work and this would be very easy to incorporate in a HHO systems.
The hardest part would be dialing in, and creating the low pressure to work on each different engine. To get enough low pressure/vacuum it may require a venturi in the engine air intake.

OK, since i don't know how to post a drawing ill try to describe the idea.

Dry cell (the height not that important) say it is a 12" tall dry cell. The reservoir also 12" next to it on the same level. The reservoir holding 2 liters of water/elctrolyte, the max fluid capacity of the cell 0.5 liters. Your reservoir also have an air pocket, (say 5 liters of air) for expansion of air, that will to allow to dry cell water level to move up and down due to varying pressures from the engines air intake...

1. The reservoir, and the dry cell, would have 3" or 4" of water in it at idle. ( or enough to get your desired HHO production at Idle)
2. Now as your RPM climbs, so does the water level in your dry cell. and as rpm decrease the water level would go back down.
As the water level increase due to the vacuum so does your amp draw, and so does your HHO output. You can adjust and dial in the vacuum as needed. If built right this should work with as little as 5 Hg of vacuum, possible less.

What do you think?

Roland Jacques
04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Thank God for editing buttons, that was about as clear as mud.