PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler debuts its only new car... it's an SUV

HHO BLASTER
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Chrysler debuts its only new car... it's an SUV

Looks like the same bone-headed "leadership" that Rob Nardelli delivered while at Home Depot. I only hope that this time, he doesn't walk away with hundreds of millions despite being a failure.
Chrysler insists the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which clocks in at 20 mpg in its two-wheel-drive version and 19 in four-wheel-drive, is a crowd favorite and a crucial part of its lineup.

"This is a very important vehicle for us. It's one of the primary legs of the Chrysler stool," Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau said. "Customers have told us they want this vehicle and that it's the right size."

The 2011 model is 11 percent more fuel efficient than its predecessor, powered by a cleaner and more powerful engine. Still, Chrysler's decision to debut an SUV as its only new car at the New York International Auto Show seems like odd timing to say the least.
Wow. A whole 11% improvement. If there's one thing the future is calling for, it's another gas guzzling SUV. GM management gambled with a similar theory and thankfully was called out.

nelshaun
08-24-2011, 01:56 AM
I hope Chrysler will not fail the expecatation of the car owners and watcher. As of this moment, fuel efficiency is the most important factor to consider. Other people buys electric cars for energy effieciency and eco-friendly purposes. By the way, I read an article stating that chrysler parts (http://www.car-stuff.com/chryslerparts.htm) have innovated a lot. I've got to see this one.