PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler help

Mykdw
04-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Ok, I have searched all over the internet and I am having a huge problem, that can easily be helped. Can some explain how to make a good bubbler? I have seen the diagram of the MK2 and it looks really sweet, but what is the coil for and do you need it? So if someone can help me please do. :confused:

velorossa22
04-04-2009, 11:46 AM
That design is Russ's design. If I understand it right what it does is allow hot electrolyte out of the generator to flow through the coil in the bubbler before it returns to the reservoir. The coil is there to provide surface area and a separate path for the electrolyte so it doesn't mix with the bubbler's water.
The bubbler I built is 2" acrylic tubing ( got at the local plastic store) it's about 10" tall and I use a 2" pressure cap and 2" rubber end cap ( used for ABS piping). I install a 3/8" fitting in the bottom and one near the top. Gas goes in the bottom fitting and out the top fitting. I use the clear acrylic b/c it looks cool as you can see the bubbling action and it gets oohs and aahs from people. Also I can make sure it's working correctly. I haven't used russ's MK2 design yet b/c he uses 3" and I haven't had the chance to get some.
You can use ABS or PVC if you want to it works the same and it's cheaper you just can't see what's going on inside with it.
Hope that helps

Painless
04-04-2009, 12:21 PM
You don't necessarily need to stick with my 3" tubing, in all reality, the important factor is the length of the coil, the longer the better.

The purpose of the coil is to act as a condenser, it cools down the HHO exiting the cell and condenses the water vapour back to liquid again, hence returning the electrolyte back to the cell instead of taking it to your intake. A conventional bubbler will not do this.

Russ.

Mykdw
04-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Is there any pictures of this that I could see? I am curious what the coil looks like and is made of?

Painless
04-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't have any photos at the moment, but I just use normal plastic tubing for my coil. If you have the facilities to make it, a copper or stainless steel coil would be better.

Mykdw
04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
So if I am following everybody here correctly, You do not need the coil but if you do have one, it is basically another tube going inside the bubbler that only the water coming back in from the cell goes through? ( I could be way off on that) Also is it a good idea to combine the reservoir and bubbler?

Franky
04-07-2009, 08:00 AM
So the main purpose of the coil is to cool the hot vapour of water that contains electrolyte. When it turns to normal water (not steam) the electrolyte stays in the water and doesnt go into your engine. What a smart way of cleaning out electrolyte!

But..., isnt it true that when oxyhydrogen gasses are hotter it is bigger in volume, so you get more gain? So when cooling the gasses again you actually loose hho amount?

Franky

Painless
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
So the main purpose of the coil is to cool the hot vapour of water that contains electrolyte. When it turns to normal water (not steam) the electrolyte stays in the water and doesnt go into your engine. What a smart way of cleaning out electrolyte!

But..., isnt it true that when oxyhydrogen gasses are hotter it is bigger in volume, so you get more gain? So when cooling the gasses again you actually loose hho amount?

Franky
If the HHO is hot or cold, the produced amount stays the same, it just occupies more or less volume.

Jeepjones85
04-12-2009, 10:27 PM
This is how I made mine and the stainless steel he puts inside can be found at walmart in the cleaning department. And let me say it works great too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkwgZJNqpU