PDA

View Full Version : What kind of power supply do it need?

Tundra4x4
04-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Ok so i was thinking about getting more amps to my cell without upgrading my alternator. I have a power inverter connect to more batter that gives me 750 watts of continous power but there is leads to hook that to my cell just outlets. So i was wondering is there a supply that i can plug into the inverter that will give me somewhere between 50+ amps that was positive and negitive leads that i can use for my cell? Is there anything i could use to get more power like a gas generator or something?

H2OPWR
04-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok so i was thinking about getting more amps to my cell without upgrading my alternator. I have a power inverter connect to more batter that gives me 750 watts of continous power but there is leads to hook that to my cell just outlets. So i was wondering is there a supply that i can plug into the inverter that will give me somewhere between 50+ amps that was positive and negitive leads that i can use for my cell? Is there anything i could use to get more power like a gas generator or something?

A gas generator would cost more than upgrading your alternator. You could use a couple of batteries and charge them at night but no matter what you use in the long run will cost more than upgrading your alternator. I beleive that Dave Nolan found a source of 200 amp alternators that just bolt on for around $300.00 for domestic trucks.

Larry