PDA

View Full Version : Do you want this to happen to your engine?

BoyntonStu
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q339/BoyntonStu/SingleCellAmoeba4-3-09001.jpg

A Pepsi can overnight in a bubbler.

Do not let this happen to your engine!

BoyntonStu

DodgeViper
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Stu,

This has been my concern and is why HHO gas has never been applied to my intake. KOH is bad stuff... I think I will drain my system and try Citric Acid...

hg2
04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Stu,

This has been my concern and is why HHO gas has never been applied to my intake. KOH is bad stuff... I think I will drain my system and try Citric Acid...

Don't bother won't work on a dry cell,voltage is there but the amps aren't.Been there done that don't work.

BoyntonStu
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Stu,

The electrolyzer needs strong KOH to work. No substitute available.

Bubbler #1 use vinegar or lemon juice to neutralize + add some aluminum.

Bubbler #2 add aluminum as a tell tale and to neutralize.

If it doesn't eat the aluminum in your bubbler, you engine should be safe.

BoyntonStu

mytoyotasucks
04-03-2009, 10:36 PM

BoyntonStu

I want to try that on an actuall engine part, going to see if i have anything aroung or get something from the scrap yard.

Painless
04-03-2009, 11:05 PM
*cough* Cleansing Bubbler Mk1 or Mk2 *cough*

mytoyotasucks
04-03-2009, 11:11 PM
*cough* Cleansing Bubbler Mk1 or Mk2 *cough*

ya but it would be still fun to see what happens when engine parts come in contact with KOH and see what it takes to cause damage. :D

redrat100
04-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, be concerned about the amount of KoH or NaOH that leaves your bubbler. But, don't guess at the level of acid or base in the vapors, test it. Litmus paper and pool ph testers are designed to do just that. Here is how: Test the ph of your bottled distilled water. It should be neutral, around a ph of 7. Then test the ph of the condensation from inside the feed line going into your intake. Anything less than 7 is an acidic solution, anything higher than 7 is a basic solution. Both are known to be bad for aluminum parts. Adjust the vinegar concentration in your bubbler until you get as close to 7 as you can.

Attached is a ph scale from wikipedia for reference (notice NaOH at the bottom).

mytoyotasucks
04-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, be concerned about the amount of KoH or NaOH that leaves your bubbler. But, don't guess at the level of acid or base in the vapors, test it. Litmus paper and pool ph testers are designed to do just that. Here is how: Test the ph of your bottled distilled water. It should be neutral, around a ph of 7. Then test the ph of the condensation from inside the feed line going into your intake. Anything less than 7 is an acidic solution, anything higher than 7 is a basic solution. Both are known to be bad for aluminum parts. Adjust the vinegar concentration in your bubbler until you get as close to 7 as you can.

Attached is a ph scale from wikipedia for reference (notice NaOH at the bottom).

that pic is wrong just shows sky

redrat100
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
My apologies, I picked the wrong file.

mdmsupra
04-05-2009, 12:38 PM

BoyntonStu

So a good system should have 2 bubblers, not just one? You cant just have the vinegar mixed with the aluminum in one bubbler?