PDA

View Full Version : Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

BoyntonStu
04-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

More than once, Popular Mechanics senior automotive editor Mike Allen has debunked the myth that you can triple your fuel economy by burning the hydrogen from water in your car. Now, he's teamed up with Dateline NBC and an EPA-certified emissions lab to test hydrogen generators, fuel heaters, fuel-line magnets and acetone fuel additives, once and for all. Read about it now, then watch the Dateline special on Sunday at 7pm EST.
By Mike Allen
Published on: March 27, 2009
….

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4310717.html

The HHO community’s response? Send them email complaints.

BULL! Send them proof if you have any.

BoyntonStu

HHO BLASTER
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Bupkis LOL

translation goat sh*t

H2OPWR
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=BoyntonStu;26592]Why Water Won't Improve Your MPG: A PM and Dateline NBC Investigation

Stu, Obviously anyone can make a documentary to prove just about anything they want to based on what they do and how they do it. I am sure most of you have seen this. If not it is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INquIAnpH4s

This cell is pure crap. There was a person in town installing these for $1895.00 installed. He was so busy that there was a 2 month waiting list to get in because of this video. I have personally torn one apart that we took off a trade in. It is a POS with maybe $50.00 worth of parts that might produce 1/3 lpm.

Let them test anything they want. They will report exactly whant they want to and make it beleivable just like the video here did.

Larry

HHO BLASTER
04-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Did you email that video to date line?

H2OPWR
04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Did you email that video to date line?

No I could care less about dateline. It is all about ratings and selling commercials! They could care less about anything else period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is all about the dollar just like the Hydro4000 people. Their device was and is junk but the dollar is king.

Larry

DodgeViper
04-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Shame on Dateline and Popular Mechanics for going to a third party to install a system, especially a system from someone who claims to triple the mileage, this should have been an eye opener, but for TV ratings and reporting by some brainless reporter. They them self have flawed the test by placing trust in someone who does not have a clue as to what it takes to make HHO work.

Both should have done their homework...:mad::mad::mad:

HHO BLASTER
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Shame on Dateline and Popular Mechanics for going to a third party to install a system, especially a system from someone who claims to triple the mileage, this should have been an eye opener, but for TV ratings and reporting by some brainless reporter. They them self have flawed the test by placing trust in someone who does not have a clue as to what it takes to make HHO work.

Both should have done their homework...:mad::mad::mad:

They think they did

coffeeachiever
04-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I logged on to tell the forum about the Dateline report. I should have figured you guys would have known about it beforehand. Good catch Stu.
I didn't know about it and just caught it by chance. What a load of crap, huh? One more score for "The Man".
Anyway, I passed the first of two test to be a nationally registered medic. Second test is later this month or first of next month. Still studying my brains out so I guess I'll talk to you guys again when it's all over.
Be safe.

H2OPWR
04-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I logged on to tell the forum about the Dateline report. I should have figured you guys would have known about it beforehand. Good catch Stu.
I didn't know about it and just caught it by chance. What a load of crap, huh? One more score for "The Man".
Anyway, I passed the first of two test to be a nationally registered medic. Second test is later this month or first of next month. Still studying my brains out so I guess I'll talk to you guys again when it's all over.
Be safe.

Drink some more Starbucks and good luck with your testing. Hurry back.

Larry

H2OPWR
04-06-2009, 01:45 AM
First off I totally beleive that Dennis Lee is a crook and a scam artist. I also beleive that his device is a very ineffecient HHO cell that probably can not help. My only question is what happened to the test drive that they took with the installer and got 57.77 mpg? Why don't they just fill the car up and drive it a couple hundred miles and fill it up again. I will tell everyone why. With a dyno they can control the conditions. With normal driving they can not control the hills.

RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!! That is why. Bad news is what sells period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Trade just put another black eye on this technology. That is the shame in all of this.

I do not beleive that Dennis Lee's device is real but I hate controlled BS!!!

All of us that really beleive now even have more hard work to do. That is a shame.

Larry

questions
09-09-2011, 10:40 PM
So does HHO from water work to increase gas mileage? Anyone have independent tests proving it?

myoldyourgold
09-09-2011, 11:33 PM
So does HHO from water work to increase gas mileage? Anyone have independent tests proving it?

Mr. Questions, If you are serious I would suggest you ask your questions to the search feature on the forum. You will find all the answers and might even find others with the same car that have posted their results. If after a little effort on your part you still have some questions some of us might be able to help. Do a little reading first!!

questions
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I've not seen an independent test proving it. Have you?

myoldyourgold
09-10-2011, 12:30 AM

You have not done enough reading or you would have found many already.

I am sure if I told you I had, it would not help you in the least. Read and understand exactly what is happening when you use HHO and once you understand it you will not need any more proof.

What qualifies as an "independent test proving it"?

BioFarmer93
09-10-2011, 12:38 AM
What exactly do you consider independent? You do realize that it is not in the best interests of the government or big oil (the people that that donate billions to colleges) to have it proved by an anointed entity that people like you seem only to believe, that it actually works, don't you? We know it works, and we're not selling anything- we're giving away every advance that we make, sharing every bit of technology and know how we have and spending money a lot of us don't have just to keep pushing forward. Why? BECAUSE WE KNOW IT WORKS THROUGH OUR OWN EFFORTS AND WE HONESTLY DON'T NEED AN ANOINTED EGGHEAD WITH A DEGREE OR THREE TO VERIFY IT FOR US. Granted it works better on some vehicles than others, but that's pretty much like everything else in life isn't it? Perfection is never achieved at all times in all things. We're a little short on anointed eggheads around here, so you're either going to have to accept the success reports on the home page, or continue on your search for someone with the crucially creditable credentials that you feel you need them to have before you can let yourself believe.;):cool:

Stevo
09-10-2011, 02:42 AM

Why would you come to this site just to... oh wait I know.

Now can someone ban this spammer?

<a href="http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.php?p=46381" title="spam">venturait.com SPAM: LOS ANGELES WEB DEVELOPMENT</a>

Push ur agenda elsewhere. I can add this to my sig too if you like.

<crickets>

Havens78
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
If you want to only believe what you read wait for the independent test. But we all did our own research and started building and now we know it works. While you are waiting we'll be testing and helping to make this technology public knowledge.

Have a wonderful day.