PDA

View Full Version : Run car 100% on HHO using Solar Charger?

ragulka
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie in these forums, althought I have read numerous pages and guides about all those HHO devices and how you can increase mpg and stuff.

I was thinkining - is it possible to run a gasoline car 100% on HHO? I understand taht if it's possible, it would eventually drain the battery because it takes more energy to create HHO than we get from burning it, right?

So how about a solar charger that would help keeping the battery charged? I've looked into some of those and there are some that could charge a battery in 30 hours or so.

I'm sorry if this is total nonsense, I haven't studied this stuff thoroughly, it's pretty much just an idea. :)

H2OPWR
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie in these forums, althought I have read numerous pages and guides about all those HHO devices and how you can increase mpg and stuff.

I was thinkining - is it possible to run a gasoline car 100% on HHO? I understand taht if it's possible, it would eventually drain the battery because it takes more energy to create HHO than we get from burning it, right?

So how about a solar charger that would help keeping the battery charged? I've looked into some of those and there are some that could charge a battery in 30 hours or so.

I'm sorry if this is total nonsense, I haven't studied this stuff thoroughly, it's pretty much just an idea. :)

With the amount of HHO that it would take to even make one of todays vehicles idle you had better pull a trailer just to carry all the batteries it would need. The answer is that yes you could make a car run and actually with the right engine design it could run very well. The problem is the huge amount of HHO it would take. I can not even picture the size of device it would take to produce that much gas. Just to give you an idea of what you would be up against. Some of the best units available on the market in the $500 to $600.00 range will produce around only around 4 lpm of real HHO max. It takes twice that to run a small 100cc engine on pure hho and that is just to idle. Even a vehicle with a small 2000cc engine would take at least 40 of them to idle alone and triple that amount for enough to actually drive it even slowley.

Do not feel bad about the question. Every one of us dreamed the same thing when we first got interested in HHO. Then we all had our bubble popped when we found out the actual truth. The real truth is that it is hard enough just to make MPG gains alone. I am totally convinced that we can make good gains but that is where I stop now.

Larry

ragulka
04-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi, thanks for the information. I don't feel bad at all :D

I just did not have any idea about the amount that a car engine needs to run and how much a cell would actually produce... :D

Franky
04-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi,
One thing keeps popping up in my mind. I know the HHO units are for burning the fuel better, which is great.
But what about the cars that run on pure hydrogen, like BMW's Hydrogen7.
It uses only hydrogen I believe, and it is stored in a big container on board.
I dont know the real liters, but lets asume 30 galon of hydrogen. It is a big and fast car that runs perfectly well. Why is that? What am I missing?

I dont know how much lpm it would use, but I think it is interesting.

Frank

BoyntonStu
04-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi,
One thing keeps popping up in my mind. I know the HHO units are for burning the fuel better, which is great.
But what about the cars that run on pure hydrogen, like BMW's Hydrogen7.
It uses only hydrogen I believe, and it is stored in a big container on board.
I dont know the real liters, but lets asume 30 galon of hydrogen. It is a big and fast car that runs perfectly well. Why is that? What am I missing?

I dont know how much lpm it would use, but I think it is interesting.

Frank

What am I missing?

8,000 PSI

BoyntonStu

waterbugs
02-28-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah bmw and all the auto makers run their cars on pure hydrogen. This is a different concept . its turn hydorgen into electricity and run on electric motor. Hho is a gas that we burn inside the combustion chamber .

RustyLugNut
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah bmw and all the auto makers run their cars on pure hydrogen. This is a different concept . its turn hydorgen into electricity and run on electric motor. Hho is a gas that we burn inside the combustion chamber .

The hydrogen test vehicle BMW was running a few years back used pure H2 from a high pressure container carried on board and burned in a modified internal combustion engine optimized for hydrogen.

Of course they, and other manufacturers do have fuel cell vehicles that turn the pure H2 into electricity for the electric drive train.

waterbugs
02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
ok the designs on their motor are different. the egnition timing is retarded and the distance on the piston motion is alot shorter because hydrogen is very powerful and burns really fast completely and does not required the piston to move as far back as gasoline engine do. Another word, it stop pushing the piston not like gas or especial diesa. Also there is a design out there that injects water into the piston so when hydrogen is ignited, it will turn the injected water into steam which pushes the piston.This is a very efficient way kind of like a steam powered engine works.