PDA

View Full Version : What MMW = Over Unity ???

Roland Jacques
03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
What MMW = Over Unity ???

Thats it, if somebody has a formula, or can explane how to figure this out, it would be great.

i guess i just need energy values, enough to convert hydrogen vollum to watts :confused:

BoyntonStu
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
What MMW = Over Unity ???

Thats it, if somebody has a formula, or can explane how to figure this out, it would be great.

i guess i just need energy values, enough to convert hydrogen vollum to watts :confused:

This is a great question that needs to be answered and made into a sticky.

An answer may be found here:

MMW calculator with Faraday calculations, Unity based on Gibbs Law, Data Sheet, Reference Sheet, Graphs, and so much more. Always a work in progress. Updates occur often

http://www.4shared.com/file/73830865/e9076bfd/MMW_V625.html

Download and enjoy!

BoyntonStu

Roland Jacques
03-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks STU

So by looking at that link, the answer is any number over 9.278 MMW
(if i read it correctly)

Roland Jacques
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I found this of interest
"So you say that 1 liter HHO ( H2 and O2 together) gas
has an energy value of 7744 Joules = 7744 Wattseconds.

So we only have to divide
7744 Wattseconds / 3600 seconds
to get:
2.15 Watthours of energy for 1 Liter of HHO gas.

So it is now the Faraday law barrier of 2.15 Watthours which you must be below to produce
1 Liter of HHO gas to be overunity.
Is this correct now ?

Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan."

Alright taking the time to figure it, it now looks like 7.75 (ml/min)/watt is the goal. Sorry stephan I don't like the kilowatt measurement, just a personal method, right now my best data is good but not good enough.

Yes, you are right,
7.75 milliLiters of HHO per Wattminute, that means for
1 Watt of input power 1 minute long applied to your electrolyzer.

Example:
If you have a 12 Volts DC battery and you power your electrolyzer with it,
you draw 0.0833 amps from it ( 1 Watt) into your electrolyzer for 1 minute constantly,
you must be able to produce more than 7.75 milliLiters of HHO gas.

If you draw more amps, so you have an input power of e.g. 100 Watts, you
must produce in that minute more than 100 x 7.75 mL= 775 mL= 0.775 Liters of HHO gas.

So to reach 1 Liter of HHO gas, you must not use more than 129 Watts of power
1 minute long.
So if you use a 12 Volts battery, you must use less than 10.75 amps for 1 minute long
to produce 1 Liter of HHO in 60 seconds to be overunity.

Or in other words:
if you apply 10.75 amps at 12 Volts ( 129 Watts) you must be able
to produce 1 Liter HHO gas in
less than 60 seconds to be overunity !
If you need more than 60 seconds for 1 Liter HHO , then you are underunity....

Hope this helps.
Regards, Stefan.

Q-Hack!
04-21-2009, 08:00 PM
While the above calculator is one of the better ones I have seen, you have to keep in mind that it is designed for 1 atmosphere of pressure. In other words, sea level. As you go up in altitude you drop in pressure. This is why water boils faster in Colorado as opposed to Florida.

This page talks about the effects of atmospheric pressure on the Faraday efficiency. http://aquauto.com/blogs/nickstone/mmw-calculator

I suspect that many of the strange results people post, that seem to be above the Faraday efficiency, were measured at altitude greater than sea level. It would also explain why people see different test results on different days.

Roland Jacques
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
A temperature and atmosphere of pressure adjustment chart for HHO could be made. One place i worked we had one for air.

The customer service techs at Dwyers Instruments could already have this adjustment charts for HHO. They were able to help me adjust reading of flow meters to correct readings for this HHO gases.

I suspect gas temperature being a big variable for most of us.