PDA

View Full Version : saturn sl2 with map and 6 w4g jars

caddy500
03-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi there, I have a 1996 sl2 with the map enhancer and 6 w4g jars. So far i have gained just under 2 MPG. Do I really need to get an efie to lean out the 2 O2s? HHO is hooked up through manifold vacuum. Should it be hooked up differently? The HHO jars are mounted in the trunk, then piped in with 3/16th brake tubing. It pulls enough vacuum to watch the bubbler work.
MPG before hho 33.12
MPG after HHO 34.82:rolleyes:

velorossa22
03-31-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm sure everyone here will tell you to get rid of the W4G jars. I had a volvo that got 24mpg. I added a W4G jar (w/o map or EFIE) and got 26mpg. I got excited and added 3 more jars and still got 26mpg. I really think the jars just don't produce much. I would build a dry cell to replace your jars and try that and see what you get before messing with an EFIE. I would pipe into the air intake of the car. When you use vacuum only it pulls hardest when at idle and pulls less when driving ( when you need it to pull more!)
Just my $.02

velorossa22
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah and welcome to the forum!
I suggest you spend some time reading all the posts here and do searches on things you are interested in. THere is an incredible wealth of knowledge here!:D