PDA

View Full Version : Electrolyte water loss question?

BoyntonStu
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I ran the Amoeba Cell for 8 hours straight at 24-25 Amps / 13.2 Volts.

I noticed that the reservoir level was down almost 12 oz.

The bubbler held constant.

How much water does your cell use in comparison?

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu
03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Today I added Reverse Osmosis water to make up for the lost water.

I added 20 oz in a 24 oz Snapple bottle.

The Amoeba Cell ran at the same current as before. Nice!

This experiment proves that only water left the reservoir.

My plan today is to monitor the use of water.

BoyntonStu

Painless
03-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Somewhere, there is a statement of how many litres of HHO are in a litre of water. You should be able to use this, with temperature compensation, to ascertain how much of the water is becoming HHO with regards to your LPM.

bigjim56
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
To help add insight to the expansion of a fluid to a gas.

We use 2 ton chlorine gas cylinders for our plant chlorine feed. The liquid when released expands 3000 times in size. Not 300, but 3000! Just a pinhole leak of gas is enough to set off the plant alarms. So the liquid is much more horrifying.

Also, I am amused when people learn that you want to use water for mpg enhancement. Their first thought is, "How often do you fill up?" Like you have to fill up as often as you do with gasoline. If it expands at the 3000 rate like the chlorine liquid to gas does (I'm sure the numbers are similar), the fill up will be quite a while. I suspect that a lot of the loss is due to steam and not HHO production, assuming that water expands at the same rate as liquid chlorine. The steam thankfully is useful in our goal of increased mpg's and smoother engine operation, so a loss becomes a small gain here.

I have noticed a loss in my trial runs, but I don't have the check valve installed on the influent yet, so heating and cooldown are a problem. Also my amping up the supply charger also increases the output and heat. Once the check valve is installed and in use, the cell cannot redraw the electrolite back into the cell. The heating expansion and cooling contraction will be more controlled. Lastly, my trial runs have been 6-7 hours long, much less than any drives I take in my car.

bigjim56