PDA

View Full Version : Gas + HHO, increase in pulling power?

03-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm not as mechanically inclined as some, so I beg for patience. I went back 20 pages of history in the Q&A and haven't seen anything on the increase in pulling power of gasoline with HHO mixed. From what I understand is that diesel compared to gasoline has more power in terms of pulling a trailer, as an example.

What I've read through the Q&A is that HHO helps burns the gasoline better, does this increase the pulling power of a gasoline engine? I've recently acquired a 1983 Chevy Blazer and wanted to experiment with HHO, so I'm curious if I'll see more power coming out of it when I've successfully created my HHO generator.

hg2
03-23-2009, 03:48 AM
I'm not as mechanically inclined as some, so I beg for patience. I went back 20 pages of history in the Q&A and haven't seen anything on the increase in pulling power of gasoline with HHO mixed. From what I understand is that diesel compared to gasoline has more power in terms of pulling a trailer, as an example.

What I've read through the Q&A is that HHO helps burns the gasoline better, does this increase the pulling power of a gasoline engine? I've recently acquired a 1983 Chevy Blazer and wanted to experiment with HHO, so I'm curious if I'll see more power coming out of it when I've successfully created my HHO generator.

Even when using HHO when towing you motor is under load and if you have a modern ECM like the OBDI or OBDII it will sense the higher load on the motor and simply increase the fuel to the motor.

I tow frequently with the type business I own and I don't really feel anymore power using HHO,but I do notice the mileage gains.And on that note if you're towing an extremely heavy load you most likely won't notice any difference at all HHO or not.

velorossa22
04-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Theorically it should give you more power. On a test run with my suburban with HHO off vs on I did feel it with more power going up the hill ( needed less gas pedal). My Sub has a 350cid gas in it. I got better mileage on the trip too, but if I would have used the same amount of gas pedal with and without I would have been going faster with it on.
I'm trying to talk one of my friends into install hho on the muscle car and the taking it to the dyno. A test with and without would be really cool to know.