PDA

View Full Version : Is it an electrolyzer or it it an aquarium pump?

BoyntonStu
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
If the HHO does not yield MPG gains but the bubbler water vapor does; isn't the electrolyzer just being used as a bubble maker?

Might a cheap aquarium pump do the same for less?

BoyntonStu

Gary Diamond
03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
A funnel with a hose comming from the front of the car would do it going in to a air stone, need more air bigger funnel

Question because its not HHO, were would the best place to tie it into the engine be???

Would any other mod be needed?

Could this also be used with the duct tape and still no mod I assume resetting of the engine must be done by pulling off the positive lead from the battery and shorting it out, and then putting it back

Gary

Painless
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Rob, from higherpoweredh2o, on youtube quoted to me once when I was lucky enough to get a one-on-one with him over ustream.tv that he has found in his installations that 1 LPM of wet HHO is required for gains, if the HHO is dry then 2 LPM per litre engine capacity.

From the above, we can ascertain that there are benefits to the water vapour, lets face it, WI is an OLD tried and tested method of increasing HP as well as cooling combustion temps and reducing engine knock due to pre-detonation.

The secret to a good WI install is this:

You need to find a way, with your engine, to achieve a fuel input related ratio of water to gasoline. The ratio I've heard quoted for economy gains is 5% water or water/alcohol to gasoline. With this in place, increasing engine compression will, apparently, provide further benefits.

If your engine has a load related vacuum, such as that used to advance the timing on the old carb and distributor setups then you are home dry. You just need to put a needle into that vacuum and experiment with the needle size.

If you have a modern vehicle with only the reverse to load vacuum then you need another method. The turbo performance boys simply use a PSI switch to turn on a constant supply of water past a certain boost pressure, this is fine for what they want... reduced knock by increased octane. For us, I don't believe this approach will work.

I had thought of a system where signal is 'borrowed' from one fuel injector and used to power a seperate injector of H2O. This will provide a water input relative to gasoline input. Playing with water pressure behind the injector will allow tuning of the percentage ratio.

Another thought I had was to take engine load readings from the MAP sensor and use those voltages to drive a PWM which in turn drives a pump motor. Delay might be an issue here.

Yet another idea I had was to drill and tap the exhaust system and fit a stainless barb, then run a metal pipe to the water canisster and use the pressure from the exhaust (which is relative to fuel input and load) to push water into the intake.

All food for thought.

In short, to tackle Stu's question directly, yes, I believe that WI *may* offer a cheaper method of achieving the same as HHO. However, I believe that a combination of the two would be much more powerful.

Russ.