PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried, only water vapour, NO HHO just to see if it buys anything??

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Has anyone tried, only water vapour, NO HHO just to see if it buys anything??

H2OPWR
03-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Has anyone tried, only water vapour, NO HHO just to see if it buys anything??

Water injection in a common process especially in turbocharged engines. It cools the air/fuel charge allowing more boost pressure and helps with pre detonation. It also expands during the combustion cycle helping provide extra HP. It is supposed to help with fuel effeciency as well but most applications are performance oriented. The kits are readily available on the open market. It would be worth a try just as a fuel savings device.

bigjim56
03-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I would assume the water4gas designs are a close fit for this question. Its improved my engine performance, but I'm after mpg increases. They take up to 5 minutes to produce combustiable HHO, and I live 15 minutes from work.

With the dry cell I'm working on now, I took H2OPWR's advice and flipped the 3rd Neutral on both sides of the -NNNNN+NNNNN- stack to allow for power application to warm the cell quicker thru toggle use. Testing will begin shortly to see how quickly the dry cell produces combustiable HHO. I sure hope its faster than the 5 minutes from the W4gas!

bigjim56

H2OPWR
03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I would assume the water4gas designs are a close fit for this question. Its improved my engine performance, but I'm after mpg increases. They take up to 5 minutes to produce combustiable HHO, and I live 15 minutes from work.

With the dry cell I'm working on now, I took H2OPWR's advice and flipped the 3rd Neutral on both sides of the -NNNNN+NNNNN- stack to allow for power application to warm the cell quicker thru toggle use. Testing will begin shortly to see how quickly the dry cell produces combustiable HHO. I sure hope its faster than the 5 minutes from the W4gas!

bigjim56

Bigjim, your cell will produce combustible gas in just a couple of seconds at most. The effeciency will improve as it warms up but the gas will be there as soon as you power it up. Remember that you have many many times more surface area on just one plate than the water4gas design has in the entire device. The difference will be night and day as far as gas production goes.

Larry

Painless
03-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Water injection is something I've been researching for a while now. Some people are using just water, some are using just methanol while some are using a mix.

Methanol is a nasty substance and can be substituted for denatured alcohol. I'm using a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol and distilled water in both my bubblers so that the HHO bubbles will carry some to the intake.

I've come across sources that state that a 5% ratio of water to gasoline is ideal for increasing engine power and MPG. The trick is creating a system that will deliver such proportional to intake air.

Some peeps are using large pond foggers to create cool water mist for their intake. This seems to work well for them.

An old forum member, called higear if I remember correctly, successfully used WI through vacuum to increase MPG on his Ford Explorer. Search for water injection and you should find his experiment thread.

zachattack
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I would be very careful if attempting to use/make a water injection system. Too much and of course bad things happen. Was riding with a guy in a power stroke on the highway and when he leaned it out a little more/using more water injection. We heard a big bang, it broke 3 head bolts and of course ruined that head. Also if more liquid then vapor gets into the engine you have the chance of hydro locking it. But it will make it run better and clean out all the deposits in your engine.

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I would be very careful if attempting to use/make a water injection system. Too much and of course bad things happen. Was riding with a guy in a power stroke on the highway and when he leaned it out a little more/using more water injection. We heard a big bang, it broke 3 head bolts and of course ruined that head. Also if more liquid then vapor gets into the engine you have the chance of hydro locking it. But it will make it run better and clean out all the deposits in your engine.

Hdro locking bad, very bad

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV2F5zV8_uE

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
DIO 50CC WATER INJECTION EXPLAINED IN GREAT DETAIL #1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUNJca8fjL8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUNJca8fjL8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zachattack
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I have been doing some reading on water injection kits. I am not an expert on this subject nor do I claim to be. But in simple terms for I am a simple kind of guy. You are making your engine run off of steam along with your regular fuel. A down side to these systems can be that it can cause the cylinders and rings to not get lubricated properly as they should. Which can cause excess wear along with corrosion over time.

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I have been doing some reading on water injection kits. I am not an expert on this subject nor do I claim to be. But in simple terms for I am a simple kind of guy. You are making your engine run off of steam along with your regular fuel. A down side to these systems can be that it can cause the cylinders and rings to not get lubricated properly as they should. Which can cause excess wear along with corrosion over time.

Data is needed, why reinvent the wheel someone must have the data.

I have a Question is it possible because the water vapour is under very high pressure in the clinder that some HHO is released? But we just don't know it

Also what would the emission testing looking like with water injection? before and after