PDA

View Full Version : What good are Scientists?

BoyntonStu
03-13-2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1161274/Scientists-develop-mobile-phone-battery-charged-just-10-seconds.html

Scientists develop mobile phone battery that can be charged in just 10 seconds
By David Derbyshire
Last updated at 7:31 PM on 11th March 2009

Thing of the past? The new mobile phone batteries will be recharged in just 10 seconds

A revolutionary mobile phone battery that recharges in 10 seconds instead of several hours has been created by scientists.

The new device charges 100 times as fast as a conventional battery and could also be used in phones, laptops, iPods and digital cameras within just two or three years, they say.

The same technology could even allow an electric car to be charged up in the same time that it takes to fill a conventional car with petrol - removing one of the biggest obstacles to green, clean motoring.

The quick-charge battery is the brainchild of engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. …..

This looks like the future automobile battery.....

BoyntonStu

Gary Diamond
03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1161274/Scientists-develop-mobile-phone-battery-charged-just-10-seconds.html

Scientists develop mobile phone battery that can be charged in just 10 seconds
By David Derbyshire
Last updated at 7:31 PM on 11th March 2009

Thing of the past? The new mobile phone batteries will be recharged in just 10 seconds

A revolutionary mobile phone battery that recharges in 10 seconds instead of several hours has been created by scientists.

The new device charges 100 times as fast as a conventional battery and could also be used in phones, laptops, iPods and digital cameras within just two or three years, they say.

The same technology could even allow an electric car to be charged up in the same time that it takes to fill a conventional car with petrol - removing one of the biggest obstacles to green, clean motoring.

The quick-charge battery is the brainchild of engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. …..

This looks like the future automobile battery.....

BoyntonStu

Now if some shell company that is owned by big oil don't buy it up and kill it the world as we know it will change

Dave Nowlin
03-14-2009, 01:56 AM
If you don't like scientists, don't use any of the products their work has produced. Throw away your digital products. They are an offshoot of the space program. Chunk the computer you are now using to view this thread as well as the ones which control your car. Am I getting your attention now? Our world is full of products we take for granted and use every day that were developed by, you guessed it, SCIENTISTS.

Dave Nowlin

BoyntonStu
03-14-2009, 07:14 AM
If you don't like scientists, don't use any of the products their work has produced. Throw away your digital products. They are an offshoot of the space program. Chunk the computer you are now using to view this thread as well as the ones which control your car. Am I getting your attention now? Our world is full of products we take for granted and use every day that were developed by, you guessed it, SCIENTISTS.

Dave Nowlin

Dave,

Everything you say is true.

However, when it comes to HHO, the most often used phrase is. "What do Scientists know?"

Subtitle, "We know more than the Scientists".

I also like "Stan Meyers did it and all we have to do is replicate his work".

Resonance of water anyone?

BoyntonStu

locco
03-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Just looked Stanley Meyer up on wiki, looks like he stood to make alot of $$$ from all his claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer

One of my favorite sayings is "Bullsht baffles" :)

In terms of HHO research has anyone got papers/theses of university carried out research? I read somewhere that NASA conducted researech into this. Anyone got PDFs of these or any scientific research findings?