PDA

View Full Version : FTC Sues Promoters of Bogus Fuel Efficiency Device

BoyntonStu
03-13-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8S7ri6Vfh0

For Release: February 2, 2009

FTC Sues Promoters of Bogus Fuel Efficiency Device

Ads Appeared in Major Magazines Promising to Turn Any Car Into a Hybrid
At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a federal court has temporarily halted the deceptive advertising campaign and frozen the assets of an operation claiming its device can boost automobile gas mileage by at least 50 percent and “turn any vehicle into a hybrid.” The Commission is seeking a permanent ban on the ads and a further order providing reimbursement to customers who purchased the device.

The FTC filed a complaint against the promoters of the Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell (HAFC), which placed advertisements in Newsweek, Popular Science and Smithsonian magazines. The ads made phony claims that the device, priced at over $1,000, uses “longstanding, proven technologies” to drastically improve fuel efficiency, the complaint alleges.

The FTC’s complaint was filed in U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey against Dutchman Enterprises, LLC and United Community Services of America Inc. (UCSA). It also names as a defendant Dennis Lee, chief operating officer of Dutchman Enterprises and president of UCSA. Lee is a convicted felon who has been prosecuted in at least eight states in the past for violating consumer protection laws….

BoyntonStu

hhoconnection
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Lee actually won that case. The FTC will probably appeal.

H2OPWR
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I read that Dennis Lee won. That is too bad!! If anyone of us who are HHO beleivers read the false claims on his website we would just laugh. You should read the fine print on his money back guarantee. It is nothing but a joke. Every scammer like him just makes everyone laugh at the people who are really trying to do good things here.

Larry

BoyntonStu
03-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I read that Dennis Lee won. That is too bad!! If anyone of us who are HHO beleivers read the false claims on his website we would just laugh. You should read the fine print on his money back guarantee. It is nothing but a joke. Every scammer like him just makes everyone laugh at the people who are really trying to do good things here.

Larry

I am an HHO experimenter.

I evaluate data in or to form an opinion.

OTOH Making a workable HHO cell is not a steep hill to climb.

Increasing MPG and proving it is entirely different.

Yesterday, I telephoned a man who works for NASA Goddard.

Several years ago, he sent a testimonial to Bob Boyce.

I found his name on BB's website.

I asked him if his Saab was getting the increased MPG claimed soon after his installation.

His response was that there is no MPG improvement at all.

I am still looking for bonafide success stories.

BoyntonStu

H2OPWR
03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
I am an HHO experimenter.

I evaluate data in or to form an opinion.

OTOH Making a workable HHO cell is not a steep hill to climb.

Increasing MPG and proving it is entirely different.

Yesterday, I telephoned a man who works for NASA Goddard.

Several years ago, he sent a testimonial to Bob Boyce.

I found his name on BB's website.

I asked him if his Saab was getting the increased MPG claimed soon after his installation.

His response was that there is no MPG improvement at all.

I am still looking for bonafide success stories.

BoyntonStu

Stu, There are plenty of people out there including myself that have acheived consistant gains using HHO. I am not sure what I will get with my Frontier. The results are yet to come. Althouth there are plenty of people spreading nonsence out there all of the people claiming gains from HHO are not full of sh**. The problems are that there are too many people spreading untruths and clouding everyones judgement.

If you do not beleive there are gains to be made what are you doing preparing to sell your kit. You and all the other people selling kits know where the market is. I for one would never sell anything that I was convinced would not help the person I was selling to. I also do not beleive you would not either but you are getting kits ready to sell. For what reason other than vehicles would anyone buy your kits in numbers?

You have a working model ready to install. Why don't you install one on your vehicle and try to make gains yourself? I simply do not understand your position.

Larry

BoyntonStu
03-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Stu, There are plenty of people out there including myself that have acheived consistant gains using HHO. I am not sure what I will get with my Frontier. The results are yet to come. Althouth there are plenty of people spreading nonsence out there all of the people claiming gains from HHO are not full of sh**. The problems are that there are too many people spreading untruths and clouding everyones judgement.

If you do not beleive there are gains to be made what are you doing preparing to sell your kit. You and all the other people selling kits know where the market is. I for one would never sell anything that I was convinced would not help the person I was selling to. I also do not beleive you would not either but you are getting kits ready to sell. For what reason other than vehicles would anyone buy your kits in numbers?

You have a working model ready to install. Why don't you install one on your vehicle and try to make gains yourself? I simply do not understand your position.

Larry

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681

BoyntonStu