PDA

View Full Version : what would be the proper gap/ power

tadpole
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Just wondering.......

What would be the best gap space between each piece of metal to get the best arc? could you use a spark plug gapper to achieve this?

To create the arc in water to separate the hydrogen and oxygen modules what is the proper amount of voltage necessary? or Amps?

Thanks Tad

H2OPWR
03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Just wondering.......

What would be the best gap space between each piece of metal to get the best arc? could you use a spark plug gapper to achieve this?

To create the arc in water to separate the hydrogen and oxygen modules what is the proper amount of voltage necessary? or Amps?

Thanks Tad

First, There is no arc in the water. An arc is concentrated flow in a certain spot. With our devices we need consistant equal flow from the entire plate surface area. The spacing question is a highly debated one that I am not sure will ever be agreed on. I used to swear by 1/16". I now an having good success with double that. The closer your gap the less resistance and electrical loss you should have. The problem is that the bubbles rising to the surface take up space that electricity should flow through inturrepting the needed ion flow. So when you solve one problem another comes up. If your goal is 30 amps or fewer I beleive that 1/16" is best. If you are drawing more amperage than that I beleive a wider gap like 1/8" is in order. None of this is written in stone. Just my opinion.

Good Luck

Larry