PDA

View Full Version : I have many question......

tadpole
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Hello...

My name is Tad, Even though I have yet build my first HHO Gen.
I understand the basic premise of how to create Brown's gas( HHO). But I am a layman when it comes to the whole process, I hope that I will get help from you on this forum to educate myself on HHO power. Every since finding out about this process a couple weeks ago, the potential of this process I must admit my mind has been obsessing over wanting to learn more. I am a believer in educating myself before my experimentation with this process begins.

Please any guidance in my endeavor would be greatly appreciated....

Thank You.......... Tad

Painless
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Tad,

Welcome to the forum and the world of HHO! Prepare to be hooked! :-)

I've created a website for the purpose of collecting information about HHO and open source energy. It contains some beginner articled on the basics of HHO as well as some on the more advanced concepts.

A link to my website is in my signature below. Start with the welcome message and that will start you in the right direction.

Hope this helps!

Russ.

zachattack
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows how many lpm is required for a 6.0L diesel? My first 4 generators were wet cells, trying 2 types of solutions. Baking soda which was worthless and citric acid again worthless. I now see that KOH seems to be the way to go or NAOH. I think I am finished with the wet cell design and moving onto the dry cell design. I was curious if anyone is selling/making a generator (dry cell), that will work on a 6.0L F250 diesel? I do understand the voltage and amps and how much each plate needs. I just don't want to be running if possible more than 30-40amps. I would like to purchase one to use and of course eventually break it down and learn to make one myself. But I'm the type that has to see it and hold it to build it.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Zach

locco
03-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Tadpole, from the reading that I have done and I must say there is alot of confusion out there on basic physics so 90% of what you read is disinformation. The way I understant HHO to work now is:

Producing HHO and burning it is a negative energy equation, you use more energy creating HHO then you will ever recover by burning it. anyone thinking differently has just created a perpetual motion machine :)

HHO is a 'catalyst' of sorts for the combustion process:

It combusts so rapidly/violently that the pressure front vapourises 'large' full droplets making their combustion more thorough as each fuel droplet is surrunded by more air/oxygen

It allows you to run a lean mixture as the combustion of HHO creates H2O which absorbs alot of the heat (in turnign into steam) otherwise generated by runing lean

The H20 created trough HHO cobustion turns to steam thus exerting more pressure on piston thus creating more torque.

So the efficiency increase somes from: 1: better fuel burn, and 2: extraction of more heat into mechanical power.

Can anyone correct me??

as for lpm of HHO to engine size, the only rule of thumb I've read was to use 1lpm per 1L of engine displacement. Anyone else use a different rule of thumb??

tadpole
03-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Producing HHO and burning it is a negative energy equation, you use more energy creating HHO then you will ever recover by burning it. anyone thinking differently has just created a perpetual motion machine :)

Locco, I have heard this assumption before, but you seem to be forgetting that the water is the fuel source which depletes, so there for a HHO generator cannot be considered to be a perpetual motion machine, because it must be refueled in order keep producing gas the can be burned.

perpetual motion machine is a machine that powers itself with no outside fuel source.

A diesel engine can run exclusively off cooking oil, but the cooking oil has to be heated to a certain temperature in order to burn effectively, so what defers
from the HHO process, isn't hydrogen more combustible than cooking oil even in smaller amounts.

I'm came here to learn more about the process after being told about HHO from my friend that is about to graduate as a Mechanical engineering. He seems to think HHO has potential.

tadpole
03-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Am I misunderstanding what you are saying to me?

If so what are you saying?

locco
03-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Tadpole, I'm not discouraging you, HHO it seems does work, I'm in the proccess at the moment of installing a unit to see how well it works.

All I am saying is that alot of people seem to think that they get efficiency benefits because they are burning HHO over fuel (ie extracting usefull amounts of thermal energy from the HHO), therefor the perpetual motion machine comparison. People forget that it took them more energy to make that HHO in the first place. No process is 100% efficient so there are always losses along the way.

As with cooking oil, it is a renewable energy source, you don't notice the energy that went into making it as it came from the sun (ie growing plants).

Also there is a difference between combustibility/volatility and amount of energy stored per mass unit of fuel.

Keep on experimenting, I am just as excited to be trying this out as you are :)

tadpole
03-13-2009, 08:47 AM
No worries,

I misunderstood, please let me know anything you might discover in the process

woodsmithca
03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey Guys

My system holds about a gallon.

Do i mix my first solution to strength with NaOH and then just add water as needed...

or

Do i mix a small solution and add water??

Thanks.

Franky
03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Guys

My system holds about a gallon.

Do i mix my first solution to strength with NaOH and then just add water as needed...

or

Do i mix a small solution and add water??

Thanks.

Ive read that you must only add a little NaOH or KOH little by little to the water and then stirr, do not add water to pure NaOh/KOH.