PDA

View Full Version : Dirty O2 sensor/oxy. sens extender

jcbarton
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I have been running HHo in my vehicle for about 3 months now. I removed my o2 extender the other day and there is a TON of carbon build-up on my o2 sensor. Should I and/or how do I clean this off or do you just buy a new one? It seems that you would need to keep replacing often it since it got dirty so fast. Any ideas?

hg2
03-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I have been running HHo in my vehicle for about 3 months now. I removed my o2 extender the other day and there is a TON of carbon build-up on my o2 sensor. Should I and/or how do I clean this off or do you just buy a new one? It seems that you would need to keep replacing often it since it got dirty so fast. Any ideas?

Ditch the extender and buy an O2 efie,you'll get better mileage gains with one.I've seen very few success stories(if any) using extenders.

The carbon you're seeing is probably due to the hho cleaning out the carbon deposits inside your combustion chamber,since you install the hho system you've probably noticed the black mud coming out of your tailpipe.

jcbarton
03-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Should I replace the o2 sensor due to the carbon build-up? My jeep is not fuel injected so the efie would not help.