PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on Dry Cells

joseC
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I have gotten the sense that this forum is mostly for people that are creating their own systems. I am looking for a Dry Cell complete kit with all the options. I have done several searches and have not found any recommendations of any companies so far. I have found kits on ebay and there are several sites out there on the net, but I haven't found any with enough reviews or testimonials to really trust. Honestly the real reason I'm looking for a complete kit is to start an installation business but I don't want to become a manufacturer. Also does anyone know of any problems with smog checks in california once you have a system installed and working? Sorry if my searches haven't found the right thread, if there is one, please send me a link right to it and I apoligize for another newbie question.

regards.

jose.

bigjim56
03-05-2009, 07:23 AM
joseC,

EBN seems to be the leader of the dry cell kits as far as reliability and technology IMO. Some of the contributors here are part of the EBN tech. crew I believe. You can find their cells on ebay.

bigjim56

SmartScarecrow
03-05-2009, 07:33 AM
joseC,

EBN seems to be the leader of the dry cell kits as far as reliability and technology IMO. Some of the contributors here are part of the EBN tech. crew I believe. You can find their cells on ebay.

bigjim56

if you are interested in purchasing an EBN device, you will not find them on eBay ... EBN only sells its products through authorized resellers ... the three sources in the US currently are as follows ...

http://www.greengasfuel.com/products.html

http://www.hhoconnection.com/EBN_checkout1.html

http://www.alt-nrg.org/store.html

hope we are able to do some business ...

BoyntonStu
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I have gotten the sense that this forum is mostly for people that are creating their own systems. I am looking for a Dry Cell complete kit with all the options. I have done several searches and have not found any recommendations of any companies so far. I have found kits on ebay and there are several sites out there on the net, but I haven't found any with enough reviews or testimonials to really trust. Honestly the real reason I'm looking for a complete kit is to start an installation business but I don't want to become a manufacturer. Also does anyone know of any problems with smog checks in california once you have a system installed and working? Sorry if my searches haven't found the right thread, if there is one, please send me a link right to it and I apoligize for another newbie question.

regards.

jose.

jose,

May I ask why do you wish to install a dry cell in your car?

Is it to gain MPG or to reduce emissions?

BoyntonStu

SmartScarecrow
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM

regards.

jose.

the best information I have is that installing an on demand HHO generator is not against any EPA or CARB rules as it does not defeat or modify any of the mandated emission control equipment ... but as soon as I say this, some bureaucrat will turn around and pass a new rule so you should check your sources to be sure ... the verdict on the EFIE type devices still out ... I am not sure on those as their purpose is to intercept signals from sensors and fool the on board computer in operating outside its normal parameters ...

executive summary, I am not sure if doing one of these implementations is going to get you in trouble with the man ... the rules are complex, contorted and difficult for the average person to understand ... and they are a moving target subject to constant change ... so what might have been fine and dandy last week could get you sent to Guantanamo this week ... best you check your local rules and make sure you are not getting into something that could cause you grief ...

you should also be aware that to the best of my knowledge, there is no scientific proof that putting an on demand HHO apparatus on a modern gasoline powered automobile results in any real benefit ... I have heard many testimonials from competent people who indicate that they have seen beneficial results ... I have also heard from competent people who indicate they have tried everything and gotten nothing ... so it seems to be a mixed bag ... the effectiveness of such installations seems to vary wildly from car to car ... so approach with caution ... from my personal point of view, what we are doing is still highly experimental an may not really be ready for prime time as consumer product ... I think it will be quite a while before we see these devices in shrink wrap on the shelves of Pep Boys ... it may happen at some point, but not soon ...

all that doom and gloom aside, the only way we are going to be able to establish the viability of this technology is if the risk takers out there are willing to pioneer it ... someone has to try it, figure it out and document what works and what dont ... until enough of that kind of good solid objective data is available, the kind of questions you are asking will not have clear answers ... so if you are one of them risk taker types who knows his way around an automobile, I hope you will get into the game ...

Johnh
03-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Have a look at these two blog entries - it seems your Government agencies may be in favour of supplemental hydrogen boosting

http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/blog2/index.php/hydrogen-gas-savers/nasa-reports-hydrogen-and-gasoline-mix-increases-mileage/

http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/blog2/index.php/hydrogen-gas-savers/u-s-dot-supports-hydrogen-injection-part-2/

Regards
John

joseC
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi BoyntonStu, well hopefully both, but probably of most concern is mpg's!

joseC
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I really appreciate all of the replies, I can't wait to get started on my first kit!

jose.