PDA

View Full Version : HHO increases MPG!

BoyntonStu
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I just got off the phone with Lyall Bailey in Australia.

Lyall confirmed to me that his HHO cells have improved the MPG in his truck by quite a lot. 4.7km/L to 6.5km/L over months of driving.

I believe him.

Lyall drives what he sells.

His wife and his family all have driven with his cells.

He is making a unique cylindrical dry cell that generates a Liter in 27 seconds at 30 A.

Not as efficient as the Amoeba Cell (24A), but good enough.

Lyall has difficulty getting SS plates in Australia and he said that if he could get them, he would use a diamond orientation like the Amoeba.

Interestingly enough, he said that the air restriction that works so well in my car (28 to 32 MPG), does not work in every car that he has tested. Strange.

BoyntonStu

His cell interior:

(Notice the slits top and botttom)

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q339/BoyntonStu/LyallBailyDryCell3-2-09.jpg

bigjim56
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
So, you just answered your previous thread for us. See Stu, you didn't have to go all analytical and all, a simple phone call solved that.

I sure hope it increases mpg's, but the proof is in the pudding. Being from Missouri, I have to see it to believe it.

bigjim56

BoyntonStu
03-03-2009, 10:37 PM
So, you just answered your previous thread for us. See Stu, you didn't have to go all analytical and all, a simple phone call solved that.

I sure hope it increases mpg's, but the proof is in the pudding. Being from Missouri, I have to see it to believe it.

bigjim56

I am in complete agreement with you and your skepticism.

We need first hand data that can be verified by others.

This is how Science should operate.

I have improved the MPG in my car with Lyall's suggestion of air restriction.

This is a single verifiable experiment and you can visit me in FL and see it with your own eyes.

Better still, 10 cents worth of duct tape and 5 minutes and you can test it in your car tomorrow.

You can understand why I tend to believe Lyall.

His workmanship is superb, his ideas sound, and his experiments are well thought out.

BoyntonStu

Smokem
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Bigjim Where the heck are you from? I'm a fellow missourian!

bigjim56
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Smokem...St. Louis area...Fenton to be exact. You?

Stu,

The vehicle w/the air restriction that worked...was that a normally carberated car or was it fuel injection? Just curious, it may come down to that. I want increased mpg's!

bigjim56

BoyntonStu
03-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Smokem...St. Louis area...Fenton to be exact. You?

Stu,

The vehicle w/the air restriction that worked...was that a normally carberated car or was it fuel injection? Just curious, it may come down to that. I want increased mpg's!

bigjim56

No, no, carbs! If you restrict air, you choke the engine!

FI and with computer control only.

Here is how it works:

The engine is designed to run on a 14.7:1 air fuel mix.

The MAF type sensors determine how much air is going into your engine.

More air, more gas, less air, less gas.

In Denver at 1 mile altitude, you sensors 'see' less air, and the computer cuts back on the gas. A little less power, but 14.7:1 is maintained.

Restrict the air at sea level and the computer will reduce the gas to compensate.

Up to about 70 I see no difference.

I am working on an automatic butterfly that will open full when the accelerator is depressed past a certain point.

Try a piece of duct tape with about a 25% restriction. Disconnect one battery lead and short the lead to the other terminal to reset your computer.

Worked great for me. 28>32 MPG

If your engine will not idle, or it sets a code, cut some tape away and try again.

BoyntonStu

Farmer Bobb
03-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Stu, I'm going to try restricting on my 91 Plymouth Laser,thank you for explaining how to do it. All the cheap tricks have not worked,(lost mileage). I've seen a great increase of craftmanship by everyone involved in the hho over the last year and those are really nice. Keep the faith bro, your doing wonders. Bobb

daddymikey1975
03-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I just got off the phone with Lyall Bailey in Australia.

Lyall confirmed to me that his HHO cells have improved the MPG in his truck by quite a lot. 4.7km/L to 6.5km/L over months of driving.

what type of truck and what type of engine (carb or fuel injection) ?

also, what types of electronic mods does he use (if any) ?

and how long did he have to 'tinker' with the computer until he realized gains?

(not doubting you or him, just curious for more information since these questions are right up my alley in my line of work)

respectfully
mike

BoyntonStu
03-04-2009, 08:25 AM
what type of truck and what type of engine (carb or fuel injection) ?

also, what types of electronic mods does he use (if any) ?

and how long did he have to 'tinker' with the computer until he realized gains?

(not doubting you or him, just curious for more information since these questions are right up my alley in my line of work)

respectfully
mike

Mike,

Good questions.

Compile a list of questions and I will ask Lyall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s48-voWH32w

BoyntonStu

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s48-voWH32w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s48-voWH32w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>