PDA

View Full Version : Car application

harabsnyder
03-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I think I wrapped my head around the dry cell but a few questions

Do I need and efie(spelling?)? will it function without it and will the ECU probably just figure it out and make everything ok?
------how does the ecu do this?

do I need a PCM for car app?
------What does it do for my car?

Does anyone have a pic of some sort for the basic circuitry for it? I was pretty much just going to add a 15amp fuse to an unused circuit for the time being, and see what happens with that, also tying that circuit into a relay that runs off my fuel pump so that HHO shuts off when I downshift, turn off car, etc, and does not explode on me. If it works I was thinking of adding an internal switch in my cluster to give it the OEM look

last question,

My accord does not have what you might call room. I was thinking of mounting over the lower radiator, but I only have about 5in vertical tops to play with. I found that some people find that too little surface area is bad (or at least my understanding of reading) so could I use like a 5x7 (35 SA vs 36 of 6x6) without ill effect?

Thanks

Ken

alpha-dog
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Do I need and efie(spelling?)? will it function without it and will the ECU probably just figure it out and make everything ok?

Does anyone have a pic of some sort for the basic circuitry for it? I was pretty much just going to add a 15amp fuse to an unused circuit for the time being, and see what happens with that, also tying that circuit into a relay that runs off my fuel pump so that HHO shuts off when I downshift, turn off car, etc, and does not explode on me. If it works I was thinking of adding an internal switch in my cluster to give it the OEM look

last question,

My accord does not have what you might call room. I was thinking of mounting over the lower radiator, but I only have about 5in vertical tops to play with. I found that some people find that too little surface area is bad (or at least my understanding of reading) so could I use like a 5x7 (35 SA vs 36 of 6x6) without ill effect?

Thanks

Ken

I haven't had good luck with EFIE's, but your vehicle might. I'm now going to a PSC1-023.

daddymikey1975
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM

Do I need and efie(spelling?)?

you may need some electronic mods to realize some gains

will it function without it and will the ECU probably just figure it out and make everything ok?

the cell will function without the EFIE.. but you won't get gains without fooling the computer

the ECU uses several sensors to determine how much fuel it is using and how much fuel it needs to add (or remove) .. the most common culprit is the oxygen sensor. most cars have 2 of them, one before the catalytic converter and one after. Usually the one before the cat is the one the computer looks to for advice. When you introduce HHO into your engine, this results in a cleaner burn, and the O2 sensor 'sees' more oxygen (less fuel) and tattles on you to the ECU.. the ECU then adds more fuel to satisfy the oxygen sensor. So you'll get worse MPG. (this the reason most people use EFIE's.)

I don't think you'll need one at first. you'll have to tinker with your vehicle and see how it responds to determine what else you'll need to do

Does anyone have a pic of some sort for the basic circuitry for it?

If you do a forum search for PWM you'll likely find what you're after.. or you can use your favorite search engine

I was pretty much just going to add a 15amp fuse to an unused circuit for the time being, and see what happens with that, also tying that circuit into a relay that runs off my fuel pump so that HHO shuts off when I downshift, turn off car, etc, and does not explode on me. If it works I was thinking of adding an internal switch in my cluster to give it the OEM look

last question,

5x7 should be fine as long as you can find room

Thanks

Ken

I hope this helps
mike