PDA

View Full Version : At air box, or near butterfly?

clickhere255
03-02-2009, 01:23 AM
hi everyone,

just trying to figure out things before i go and throw anything in my car.

92 civic hatch 1.6L

should the HHO be routed to the air cleaner box? or closer to the engine at the butterfly i guess it is?

and is it considered under vacuum if its at the butterfly closer to the engine?

thanks ahead for the help :D

SmartScarecrow
03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
hi everyone,

just trying to figure out things before i go and throw anything in my car.

92 civic hatch 1.6L

should the HHO be routed to the air cleaner box? or closer to the engine at the butterfly i guess it is?

and is it considered under vacuum if its at the butterfly closer to the engine?

thanks ahead for the help :D

what I found out working with small engines is that you want two circuits ... consider one to be sort of like the idle circuit on a carborator ... the other, would be more or less like the metered jets used to control throttle ... so I would inject at two points ... one as near to the intake valves as possible, so in your case, at a point on the intake manifold it self ... the other in the incoming air stream at a point just behind the butterfly so it is less like that the HHO gas can escape going into the engine ...

it is not really a good idea to pull a vacuum all the way back to your final bubbler, but I am not sure how else to get the job done ... what I have done is place a one way valve, like a check valve, so that when vacuum is pulled on my final bubbler, it will open and let outside air into the bubbler ...

all I can tell you for sure, is that this arrangement worked very well on a single cylinder 4-stroke 90cc engine ... I have not tried it on a multi-cylinder engine so am not sure if you might run into oddities that I did not encounter ...

locco
03-13-2009, 01:19 AM
In terms of safety you really want to put the HHO gas into the intake stream as close to the intake valves as possible. In case of back fire there is less volume of HHO in the air intake duct to blow up :)

What have people found in terms of drivability/idle when they hose the HHO in before the throttle body vs after the throttle?? Is there any difference at all? Seeing there isn't really that much energy contained in the HHO gas...