PDA

View Full Version : carbon deposits?

redrat100
02-26-2009, 11:10 PM
I have read claims that HHO or straight H2 will clean the carbon deposits from inside the combustion chambers. Has anyone verified this by taking before and after pictures with a borescope or videoscope? If it does it would sure beat that smoke generating stuff you squirt into the spark plug holes.

redrat100
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Since nobody weighed in on this question I decided to try to answer it myself. My approach was/is to pull the spark plugs to insert a boroscope to take pictures of the combustion chambers before HHO and after a few hundred miles with HHO. All to see if burning HHO cleans out any carbon deposits or not.

I don't have a borescope, but my plumber does for looking into pipes. He came over at no charge just to see what I was up to and to see if his rig would fit in a spark plug hole. Well, it didn't. We could see the thread for the plugs but not much more.

I could rent a borescope but that is a pricey option. Or, if you have emperical data, like pictures, please post them. I would hate to get into this only to discover that someone already has the answer.

jcbarton
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I can tell you that in my experience I have seen the carbon deposits come out of my exhaust and stick to my tile floor in the garage. My jeep did not do this before HHO. Also after running it for a while I have a little water exiting the exhaust, suppose to be a sign of a clean burning fuel..