hi,
iv'e been using differant dry cells,a 13 19 21 25 and 31 plate
and my production has stayed the same.
I'm using KOH , 25 AMPS 13.5 VOLTS off 1 car battery and
and 25 amp charger.Production has been about 1 1/2 liters
per minute.
doe's anybody have any ideas.
thanks dav

Wisdav if you can provide some more info such as KOH concentration,plate size,plate spacing,voltage per plate and how many neutral plates your using that would be helpful to determine what problems you may have.

wisdav
02-22-2009, 09:49 AM
hg2, my drycells are all 5 n ,2tp of koh in 1 1/2 qts of water
volts per plates at 13.2. plate size is 5 5/8 by 5 5/8 316L
gaskets are 1/16. one inlet barb,1 outlet barb, both 3/8.
it does't matter how i run them,production stays about the same.
you would think the more plates,the more liters of gas
i'd would get.
thanks dav

BoyntonStu
02-22-2009, 09:56 AM
hg2, my drycells are all 5 n ,2tp of koh in 1 1/2 qts of water
volts per plates at 13.2. plate size is 5 5/8 by 5 5/8 316L
gaskets are 1/16. one inlet barb,1 outlet barb, both 3/8.
it does't matter how i run them,production stays about the same.
you would think the more plates,the more liters of gas
i'd would get.
thanks dav

First, you are not doing too badly.

You are in the ballpark.

Volts Amps ML Seconds
13.5 25 1500 60

Watts MMW ML/MIN
337.5 4.44 1500

I suggest that you try 15 plates with 6 N on each side of +.

Also, try running it off the car while it is idling.

BoyntonStu

wisdav
02-22-2009, 10:06 AM
plate voltage is 2.3

SmartScarecrow
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
hi,
per minute.
thanks dav

its your watts (25 x 13.5 = 337.5) that are making the HHO ... as long as you have adequate surface area to dissipate the energy you are applying, you should be fine ... adding more surface area but not increasing the power level to take advantage of that new surface area, will not increase gas production ...

purely as a rule of thumb guide, not intended to be written in stone

you want your voltage per plate gap as close to 2v as possible ... performance will decrease quicker due to under voltage than to over voltage so if you have to chose between 1.8v and 2.2v, take the 2.2v ...

you should have roughly 4 square inches of surface area for every watt of energy you intend to apply ... so in your case, with roughly 350 watts going in, you want about 1400 square inches of surface area ... in the popular 6" x 6" form factor, this would be met by using about 40 plates ... so I think I might try a 31-36 plate device and see how it acts ...

if you attempt to push more energy at a device than it has surface area to support, you will make a good bit of heat and could get severe foaming issues ... but I have seen a few who have made devices with energy densities much greater than 4 sq in per watt ... plate gap influences this ... if you have a wider than normal gap, maybe 2mm or 1/8 inch instead of the popular 1/16 gap, you might be able to increase energy density without getting negative effects ...

but adding plates will not increase production nor will removing plates decrease production ... production is a function of the amount of energy being applied and the over all efficiency of the device ...

H2OPWR
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
hi,
per minute.
thanks dav

If you are running brute force DC. Allowing the device to draw all the power it wants I would bet my last dollar that it is in your electrolite delivery and gas exhause set up. It could be that as your device approaches 1.5lpm the pressure in the device taxing the ability of the gas exhaust and is pushing the electrolite out. More plates = the same result just less of each plate exposed to electrolosis due to exess cell pressure. I would look closely at resevour placement etc. I have had my go arounds with exactly the same problem.

Larry

hg2
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
If you are running brute force DC. Allowing the device to draw all the power it wants I would bet my last dollar that it is in your electrolite delivery and gas exhause set up. It could be that as your device approaches 1.5lpm the pressure in the device taxing the ability of the gas exhaust and is pushing the electrolite out. More plates = the same result just less of each plate exposed to electrolosis due to exess cell pressure. I would look closely at resevour placement etc. I have had my go arounds with exactly the same problem.

Larry

Wisdav I agree with Larry because I just went to 1/16" gaskets from #/16" and encountered the same problem Larry was explaining.I've corrected most of the problem by adding 4 more outlets and 1 one e-lyte feed inlet,along with raising the height of my reservoir tank. My cell was expelling more e-lyte than it could draw and the end result being lost production.

One thing I would do is increase your KOH ratio up to at least 7 % by weight (1/4 lb. KOH to 1 gallon distilled water)the dry cell design needs more than it's wet cell cousin.